• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Grants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Grants

I am part of a associative consortium that is being established to target UK high street business with cloud solutions.

We are interested in applying for green grants as we believe the nature of cloud computing is very much conducive to environmental benefits and I have a limited company.

Has anyone any experience of this please and what experiences are you able to relate? Thank you.

Originally posted by BS Mukherjee View Post
    I am part of a associative consortium that is being established to target UK high street business with cloud solutions.

We are interested in applying for green grants as we believe the nature of cloud computing is very much conducive to environmental benefits and I have a limited company.

Has anyone any experience of this please and what experiences are you able to relate? Thank you.
    Good news, I love green giant, makes me go regular..

Comment

We are an independent community of like minded IT professionals and our intentions is to establish a cloud solution support base for UK High Street business such as accountants, lawyers, medical businesses.

We believe that removing hardware depencies from UK offices will remove sources of news pollutions, noise, free up space in the office. It will also preclude the need for infrastructure resources as this role will be performed by our personnel.

For customer piece of mind we will offer also disaster recovery in offshore data warehouse facility.

Comment

An offshore data warehouse sounds like a great idea. Where do I sign up ?

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BS Mukherjee View Post
          We are an independent community of like minded IT professionals and our intentions is to establish a cloud solution support base for UK High Street business such as accountants, lawyers, medical businesses.

We believe that removing hardware depencies from UK offices will remove sources of news pollutions, noise, free up space in the office. It will also preclude the need for infrastructure resources as this role will be performed by our personnel.

For customer piece of mind we will offer also disaster recovery in offshore data warehouse facility.
          I've heard Cloud solutions are impractical, for example how do you get the wires for the electric into the sky, and what happens if a plane crashes into my cloud server and all the emails fall out? Would I be liable if one fell to the ground and twatted someone, or would they just float around in the sky?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I've heard Cloud solutions are impractical, for example how do you get the wires for the electric into the sky, and what happens if a plane crashes into my cloud server and all the emails fall out? Would I be liable if one fell to the ground and twatted someone, or would they just float around in the sky?
            Now, remember, you can't be too abusive in the professional forums. So I've moved this to General.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X