• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laser Eyes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser Eyes

Has anyone had this done? Any thoughts?

Thinking of going for it soonish.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Yep, about 5 years ago. Still better than 20:20. Definitely worth the money (and not worth skimping). I had slightly drier eyes for a year or so afterwards, but back to normal now.

Comment

Yes, I had some lasers put in. I find it easier to reheat frozen food by staring at it than using a microwave.

I'm thinking of getting some adamantium claws next to save on knives.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

Yes the wife had it done. It was a great success and not at all painful.

She was quite badly sighted and when we had sex she'd have to take her glasses off. Now after the operation she's started putting them back on again??? Not sure why???
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Absolutely not fecking way. I'd rather sport some facial furniture than have some sci fi tulip going on in my boat race.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

Not had it done, and I wouldn't have it done.

But everyone I know who has done it said it was one of the best moves they've ever made. But as James says - don't scrimp on it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Wife had it done five years ago. Was ok for a while, but then got dry eyes and vision deteriorated. Now has to use large quantities of artificial tears and wear glasses - albeit at a much lower prescription than before. My sister in law had it done eight years ago and suffers badly from dry eye. I know a few people who've had no problems. It seems you're more likely to have trouble the higher your prescription and the smaller your eye sockets.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Wife had it done five years ago. Was ok for a while, but then got dry eyes and vision deteriorated. Now has to use large quantities of artificial tears and wear glasses - albeit at a much lower prescription than before. My sister in law had it done eight years ago and suffers badly from dry eye. I know a few people who've had no problems. It seems you're more likely to have trouble the higher your prescription and the smaller your eye sockets.
                What I liked about it, was her mother paid. Best couple of grand we never spent

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Absolutely not fecking way. I'd rather sport some facial furniture than have some sci fi tulip going on in my boat race.
                  Bearing in mind your boat race looks like it was hit by the Marchioness that's a pretty brave statement.

Comment

Laser surgery aberrations far too high. Not for me thanks.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X