• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doctor Who - Capaldi The Dark Doctor vs The Compassionate Doctor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who - Capaldi The Dark Doctor vs The Compassionate Doctor

Two episodes in to the new series so far. Last series, the grumpy, dark doctor was a complete turn off. No episode stood out except the return of the Master and that was pretty pants except the new character.

Two episodes in to this series and it's jaw droppingly good. Series one opener had more shocks, twists and characters then a normal series end, and the second episode (caught up by torrent) was fantastic. All one for the fans, but the new compassionate, arrogant Doctor - loving it.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

<place holder for grumpy old sods who go on about it being just for kids, not as good as when it was Tom Baker/Peter Davidson/Jon Pertwee etc. and feel the need to broadcast their oh-so-sophisticated maturity to all and sundry>
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Enjoyed it, Capaldi is the perfect Doctor.

Comment

Gave up on the last series after a few episodes - it wasn't down to Capaldi (who I wasn't sure about but willing to give him a chance) but the scripts, they were utter pants.

Sounds like the new series might be better - I'll check out the first couple on iPlayer
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Agree this is markedly better than the last series.

And the Master character is very funny, which adds some light relief and dry humour to the serious plot which is a nice balance.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            Gave up on the last series after a few episodes - it wasn't down to Capaldi (who I wasn't sure about but willing to give him a chance) but the scripts, they were utter pants.

Sounds like the new series might be better - I'll check out the first couple on iPlayer
            The new series (so far!) is a lot better than the last one. And I agree, the last season's debacle wasn't down to Capaldi.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wow, 3 out of 3 good episodes. Much better than last series.

Comment

Are we in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek View Post
                  Are we in it?
                  You all got defeated early in the second episode. You are the England Rugby team and I claim my five exterminate, exterminate, exterminate sweet chariots.

Comment

The first two episodes were excellent and the third not bad at all. Capaldi is getting better and better I think he may be the best since the reboot. I'd like to see a new companion though, bit tired of this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X