• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank goodness for *****

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank goodness for *****

resorts in the Med'.

The prices keep the rif-raf out.

Milan Benes Invoicing Machine Ltd and Family in 'no fish and chip shops here mode'.

Excuse moi ?

MB, are you referring to upmarket/5-star resorts or generally? Excuse me, but the Med is not quite the Seychelles or Mauritius and for £ 99 a week inc flights advertised at this time of the year, what gives you the idea that these punters are not the same ones that you can get in Blackpool or other UK resorts. At this time of the year, as a decently-paid contractor which I am sure you are, you should be looking at long-haul ie outside Europe.

Comment

Oh hang on a second Benes. You're on holiday and yet you have visited this board and posted. Mmmmm. Now what normally happens when I'm 'working' in Thailand and I do this. What is it you say?? Oh yes?

"Milan you sad muppet, posting while you're on holiday, we're the only mates you've got isnt that true. How sad, how very sad!"
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MF,

as you know even when you are on holiday you must keep in touch with Plan B - hence going on the interweb and a quick look to see what Chavs like you are upto.

TinTin,

sound advice and agreed however when you have a likkle baby long flights are best avoided, i nearly ran a marathon running and down the isle on the plane with our likkle one on this trip alone.

Dunno where you are describing in the Med', but this place put a dent in my wallet and we are very happy with everything here.

All the best peops,

Milan.

Comment

Yes and mine has been having the worst day ever. Will this screaming never end!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Milan

You said you and your family are on holiday - please put my mind at rest and tell me you have not reproduced......

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin
              MB, are you referring to upmarket/5-star resorts or generally? Excuse me, but the Med is not quite the Seychelles or Mauritius and for £ 99 a week inc flights advertised at this time of the year, what gives you the idea that these punters are not the same ones that you can get in Blackpool or other UK resorts. At this time of the year, as a decently-paid contractor which I am sure you are, you should be looking at long-haul ie outside Europe.
              Why do people assume that the further they travel the better the destination? I've been around a bit and from my experience the top European destinations piss all over most due to our rich cultural heritage, I think most people who insist on always going long haul do it to keep up with the Jones's.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I agree with gingerjedi on this one. Italy and Greece are the tops, no question. barbados was one of the worst holidays i've ever taken.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  Why do people assume that the further they travel the better the destination?
                  I know a lovely place just 5 light years away from this planet - not as good as Denmark but sure beats anything else.

threaded.

Comment

Long vs Short haul

Not trying to be snobbish, but if I were to spend a few grand for a hotel, I would rather it were in some exotic location rather than next door to a 3-star somewhere in the Med that is used by one or more UK operators. Trouble is that unless you don't venture outside the hotel perimeter, you will rub shoulders with the £ 99 p/w types. Not that long-haul guarantees exclusivity. To be honest, you get as many chavs in destinations like Dubai and Barbados than you would in Spain or Portugal. Long-haul is to avoid having to put up with very young children (obviously avoiding the States, Canada and Australia where the expats' families tend to visit, unless you travel Business/upgraded Economy), swim in a clear, warm sea and enjoy staying in a hotel where English is not the main language, hence my above recommendations. Not everyone's choice I expect

Comment

Working...
                    X