• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four-day workweek - your preference (mo-th / tu-fr)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four-day workweek - your preference (mo-th / tu-fr)

If you were forced / able to choose work days for a four-day workweek which would you choose; Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday and why?

It would depend if I had to travel to site or commute any distance.

Friday is really a pig on the roads, so I'd do Monday-Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

That said, Monday train fares are horrendous.

Either Monday or Friday off.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz
        Pork chops for dinner tonight

But I need to clean the deep fat fryer before I can make chips
        It's a hard life

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          That said, Monday train fares are horrendous.

Either Monday or Friday off.
          Trains aren't a sensible option from here, I've probably travelled 20 miles on trains in Europe for each mile I've travelled on a UK train. The question posted does rather ask which you prefer to take off out of Monday or Friday.

Comment

This.

Getting to the airport / train station is rarely different for me between a Monday and a Tuesday. But getting home on a Thursday is a lot easier than getting home on the Friday when I've been away.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's even a bit counter intuitive as there are less people working on a Friday, but the travelling "rush hour" is not only miles more horrific, but it's more like 8-10 hours of horrific.
              The Northbound traffic gets horrible at a bit after midday on Friday and just gets more horrendous until about 7pm when it starts to tail off to just bloody awful to not far before midnight. Considering the majority of Friday going North drivers are single people in business type cars not families going for a weekend away it's basically folk going home.

Comment

PsssyyyychoooooooooCandy...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  It's a hard life
                  Oops, that was supposed to be in TPD

Comment

Trains aren't a sensible option from here, I've probably travelled 20 miles on trains in Europe for each mile I've travelled on a UK train. The question posted does rather ask which you prefer to take off out of Monday or Friday.
                    I'd probably prefer Mondays off so I can go on the beer on Sunday and wind people up about working tomorrow
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X