• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Porsche not safe, more fun and games for VW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche not safe, more fun and games for VW

I don't think she will win: Paul Walker or will she?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

It was hard to drive model without modern electronic stability controls, if they were doing 90 mph as investigators for police say, and subjectively the guy from Fast & Furious movies isn't likely to travel slow (even though it was not him driving but his friend in THAT kind of car won't be doing 60).

I don't think cars are even tested at head on crashes at 60 mph, all bets are off at that speed.

I can't see her winning, but Porsche might choose to settle it, which is probably what this all is about, sad.

Comment

It's a sportscar designed to be driven at speeds of up to 180mph ish. While it's not going to reach those speeds in the vast majority of countries/cases, it shouldn't burst into flames in a crash at half that.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        It's a sportscar designed to be driven at speeds of up to 180mph ish. While it's not going to reach those speeds in the vast majority of countries/cases, it shouldn't burst into flames in a crash at half that.
        You've never seen an American film then? All cars in America burst into flames over a speed of 20mph
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You don't find many lamp posts on race tracks. It probably wasn't part of their crash-test suite.

Comment

Yes, but driven on track, rather than driven into tree/wall.

Carrera GT is notorious (apparently) for requiring very skilled driver because it's unforgiving car, especially at speed.

Comment

Ah, didn't realise it was a GT and not a standard 911 of whatever spec (the Turbo S looks fantastic).
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I was working at the Porsche R&D centre in Weissach when these came out. My office was about 150m away from the test track and all day long you could hear these things being thrashed around the test track although when just ticking over they sounded like a big old diesel (my car does too when started from cold.) On my way to work I drive near the Porsche factory and not too far from the R&D place so quite often see some nice top of the range Porsche's and also the AMG and Mercedes factories so you get to see quite a few of their prototypes on the roads around here....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I was working at the Porsche R&D centre in Weissach
                  I am surprised they allow you to park there in your Merc...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I am surprised they allow you to park there in your Merc...
                    I don't have a Merc I have a BMW F80 but when I worked there I had an AMG

Comment

Working...
                    X