• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good to see that sacrifices are being made for Climate Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see that sacrifices are being made for Climate Change

All the lefty eco tw*ts should be pleased that people are sacrificing their jobs in order to save the planet

SSI Redcar steel plant mothballed, with the loss of 1,700 jobs - BBC News

That nasty smelly CO2 belching steel plant - get rid of it.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    All the lefty eco tw*ts should be pleased that people are sacrificing their jobs in order to save the planet

SSI Redcar steel plant mothballed, with the loss of 1,700 jobs - BBC News

That nasty smelly CO2 belching steel plant - get rid of it.
    Even for you that's a very poor attempt at trolling. Maybe if there had actually been some mention of eco issues in the story, you'd have got a bite.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Didn't it close already a few years ago? Redcar had a ridiculous swing from Labour to LibDem in the previous general election, I thought (or was it the one before that) as a result - the locals certainly felt they'd been screwed over but I can't remember the details.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The company "paused" production on 18 September citing poor trading conditions and a drop in world steel prices.
        Can't see anything about climate change either?

They're all self-loathing envious lefties that fit into DA's box though I'm sure.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

He can squeeze just about anyone into that box if he tries hard enough. Sometimes he has to chop them up to make them fit, but that's OK.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Didn't it close already a few years ago? Redcar had a ridiculous swing from Labour to LibDem in the previous general election, I thought (or was it the one before that) as a result - the locals certainly felt they'd been screwed over but I can't remember the details.
            Tata shut it down in 2009. Bought by a Thai company in 2011 and opened again in 2012. Same company now mothballing it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Even for you that's a very poor attempt at trolling. Maybe if there had actually been some mention of eco issues in the story, you'd have got a bite.

reported by the BBC so climate change would not have been mentioned as a reason for its closure

Government

A new joint paper from UK Steel and Community is calling for fundamental reforms of the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS). Its “Carbon Leakage” prevention measures are meant to protect sectors like steel that are both very energy intensive and highly exposed to competition from less well regulated sites overseas. But problems with the rules mean even the most efficient plants, which should receive all the ETS allowances they need for free, are short changed, damaging their competitiveness and ability to invest in new low carbon technologies.

The average costs of the EU carbon trading scheme could rise to 28 euros (£20.00) per tonne of steel by 2030. UK steel plants are trying to compete with India and China on margins as small as £5/tonne. They can’t cope now, let alone with anything near this level of ETS costs. Steel in Britain is owned by companies in Spain, India and Thailand, who will be reluctant to keep investing in plants that don’t appear to have a future.

From 2010 onwards the TUC and the Energy Intensive Industries Group have prepared report after report with evidence and more evidence highlighting these problems and yet nothing has been done, except more job losses.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                He can squeeze just about anyone into that box if he tries hard enough. Sometimes he has to chop them up to make them fit, but that's OK.
                I can smell the sense of entitlement from here - it's sickening! How dare they lse their jobs, I suppose they expect to claim benefits now don't they...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's probably more to do with this:

Chinese Steel, rubbish, but cheap as chips!

Comment

Only 2 things do I know about Redcar.

1) It's pronounced Redcurr.
                    2) A mate of mine once found a dead man floating around in the sea there.

Comment

Working...
                    X