• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swarms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swarms

Walking around some of the biggest IT sites in the country today I was again struck by the sheer overwhelming vast numbers of Indian nationals working there. What on earth has got into the political class that they think printing this number of work visas, and indefinite leave to remain visas, for Indian nationals was anywhere near common sense. Forget Calais look at the swarms arriving from India. This cannot go on. Why the main stream media are not highlighting this is beyond me. What on earth are we doing subsidising sink estates full of unemployed while bringing in swarms of Indian nationals? Its madness sheer madness.

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Walking around some of the biggest IT sites in the country today I was again struck by the sheer overwhelming vast numbers of Indian nationals working there. What on earth has got into the political class that they think printing this number of work visas, and indefinite leave to remain visas, for Indian nationals was anywhere near common sense. Forget Calais look at the swarms arriving from India. This cannot go on. Why the main stream media are not highlighting this is beyond me. What on earth are we doing subsidising sink estates full of unemployed while bringing in swarms of Indian nationals? Its madness sheer madness.
    Not again.

World has changed, get used to it Grandad...

Comment

How do you know they're Indians? They could be Pakistanis or Bangladeshis
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        What on earth are we doing subsidising sink estates full of unemployed while bringing in swarms of Indian nationals? Its madness sheer madness.
        Cost to print a work permit, 10p
        Cost for a multinational IT company to train up someone in the UK, £20K.

Do the math(s).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Cost to print a work permit, 10p
          Cost for a multinational to train up someone in the UK, £20K.

Do the math(s).
          Actually I think that its cheaper than that to print a work permit as its been offshored outsourced
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I imagine not being part of the EU, they can only be employed if a British citizen (or person with a right to work in the UK from an EU country with a few exceptions like Croatia) cannot fill the role due to a lack of the skill required to do the job.

Considering the country is crying out for permie devs more than I have ever seen it (permie mate just left his job and had literally 7 interviews and 7 job offers on the table within a few days) it doesn't surprise me that they will hire anyone that they can and that there is a definite skill shortage.
            Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
              I imagine not being part of the EU, they can only be employed if a British citizen (or person with a right to work in the UK from an EU country with a few exceptions like Croatia) cannot fill the role due to a lack of the skill required to do the job.

Considering the country is crying out for permie devs more than I have ever seen it (permie mate just left his job and had literally 7 interviews and 7 job offers on the table within a few days) it doesn't surprise me that they will hire anyone that they can and that there is a definite skill shortage.
              Sadly this is not the case at all. Anyone can come in on an intra company transfer visas regardless of whether there is a skills shortage in the UK. The big Indian outsourcers routinely bring large numbers in on intra company transfer visas and then subcontract them into other companies for less than it costs to hire a Brit. They can bring their spouse in who also gets the right to work here in any occupation. Their children get free schooling here. They all get free healthcare regardless of whether they had pre-existing expensive to treat medical conditions before they left India. They get taxed significantly less than Brits, first 12 months here free of any national insurance, allowed to claim a lot of extra things tax free as "expenses" that a Brit working away from home within the UK cannot. Many of the Indian outsourcers are paying their corporate taxes in havens and not here. And after a number of years they can apply from indefinite leave to remain and get to stay for ever. There isn't a skills shortage officially in IT, IT staff are not on the list of shortage occupations. They get visas because intra company transfer visas are exempt from any test of whether local staff are available. And they are to use Camerons word swarming allover the IT business.

Comment

Did you stop to think that they could be British!
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Did you stop to think that they could be British!
                  Sadly, OP has a racist agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

In the quiet words of the virgin mary, come again ?

Literally hundreds of people in Halifax were made redundant and replaced with either offshore or ICT in the last seven years or so. No skilled British citizens and ICT visas being granted are not connected in any way whatsoever.

Anyone who actually believes that probably voted Tory "coz they luv small bizznizz, innit"
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X