• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to download the entire contents of an ASP website?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to download the entire contents of an ASP website?

OK flame me if you like. I dont know.

Can someone tell me a way or piece of software I can point at someones website (preferably ASP) and download everything.

Cheers

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

SKA v2.0 will do it.

hth

Comment

Preferably ASP?

It's ok to do this for static sites, but it makes no sense for dynamic ones. You can never be sure you have captured the 'entire' site.

If it's a dynamic site then you're only going to get a snapshot of whatever URIs you request.

Also, dynamic sites can have an infinite (unknowable) number of pages (e.g. they could be DB-driven) so you don't know how much you're going to get for the 'entire site'.

Never mind. I'm sure Atw's SKA will do the job perfectly

Why do you need to do this anyhway?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Its an online catalogue of products. About 5000. I took a snapshot last year by doing it manually but it took forever. It's passworded and I am allowed to take the photos but it takes for ever.

I can write something in VB (yes VB) but I was hoping there was some software I could point at a site and it would crawl every link etc.

Come on, it cannot be that difficult!!!!

Comment

MF

have a look on download.com - they have a number of utils on there that might do what you want. I think there was one called freedownloader or something like (and there are probably others) that that you could rip off, er sorry, download complete sites with - whether it does everything you want, I don't know - but possibly worth a look.

HTH
          Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Before I root around for software, can anyone recommend one?

Comment

MF sounds like your day job is consulting - learn how to make your own decisions ffs!

Comment

"MF sounds like your day job is consulting - learn how to make your own decisions ffs!"

So I take it the fkcuing russian know-it-all doesn't know. So f-ck off ***** and dont respond to posts you know f-ck all about - yet again.

In fact don't respond to any of my posts again. Pr1ck.
                Last edited by MarillionFan; 8 October 2006, 15:40.

Comment

Hit some nerve again, just like with the cold beans?

Comment

GNU wget or curl (google for them)
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X