• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great idea!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea!

A man targeted by marketing companies is making money from cold calls with his own higher-rate phone number.

In November 2011 Lee Beaumont paid £10 plus VAT to set up his personal 0871 line - so to call him now costs 10p, from which he receives 7p.

The Leeds businessman told BBC Radio 4's You and Yours programme that the line had so far made £300.
    How one man turns annoying cold calls into cash - BBC News
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Better yet, push a CV online and use an 070 number. They look almost the same as mobile numbers, but you'll make closer to a quid a minute than 7p...
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
    X