• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

When I first stated using my limited company whilst working through agency's I was only asked for Public liability, then they started asking for Employers insurance now they want professional indemnity insurance. In all they want 14 million pounds worth of cover for me to work through them. To be honest I'm sick to death of every one wanting something from me and getting very little back. The government are making it harder and harder to run a small business with all the tinkering they are doing. I almost feel like packing it in, i'm finding extremely hard to motivate myself to go to work.
    Rant Over.
    Does anyone know a one stop shop where I can get reasonably priced cover for all three of the above or would it be best to do them separate I am really quite shocked at the size of the quotes I've been getting for something that I have never need and am unlikely to need. I am more likely to have an accident traveling to work and my car insurance is a lot less.
    Any negative comments will be ignored. so only ppl wishing to help me or add a positive comment need reply.

Qdos, they've supplied many on CUK for years (including me), there's also another one that people mention a lot, sorry I don't recall the name, both companies are well regarded.
    They have decent packages aimed at the contractor market, think I paid under £250 for the lot last year, it's so relatively inexpensive I fail to remember. Simple web interface and electronic docs in minutes.

http://www.qdosconsulting.com/freelancer-contractor. That's the badger.

Now the daft bit:-

You posted in General which is a bear pit with a warning label attached, you can expect some silly postings Ask the mods to relocate it to Business if you feel that strongly.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 September 2015, 22:15.

Comment

Think I got the lot, cos I needed liability, and wanted indemnity, and employers came with it. Or something like that.
      Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I think I used a crew called Caunce O'Hara or some such.

Now, do you like films about gladiators?
        Randell Dorling and Kingsbridge are others that I've seen used as well.

Sometimes it can be better off splitting the two - Direct Line can be good for some of them, I've heard.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think I used a crew called Caunce O'Hara or some such.

Now, do you like films about gladiators?
          That's the one, thanks.

There's bound to be a few more that people would recommend.

Comment

Well I'd recommend the uncut version of "Spartacus".
            True, but there's not a radiator key in sight in the entire film. No condiment spoons either come to that.
            The O/P specified an all in one supplier solution in the requirement.

Comment

Working...
            X