• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everything is fine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is fine

Hide your conference passes when walking around Manchester, Tories told | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Conservative activists attending their party’s conference in Manchester have been told to hide their Tory-branded identification passes when walking around the northern city

The threat of hostile protest has led party bosses to warn members to take extra precautions if they venture outside the secure “ring of steel” around the event.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

To be fair though many Ministries, Banks and commercial companies tell you to take off your visible ID pass when outside their premises, this isn't really all that unusual. In fact I would regard it as completely usual as everywhere I've worked for at least the last decade has either advised it or insisted on it. Security innit!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      To be fair though many Ministries, Banks and commercial companies tell you to take off your visible ID pass when outside their premises, this isn't really all that unusual. In fact I would regard it as completely usual as everywhere I've worked for at least the last decade has either advised it or insisted on it. Security innit!
      I actually take my pass off as a matter of habit now, and can't understand why people would leave it on. If you see someones pass you can generally find them online in about a minute...

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
        I actually take my pass off as a matter of habit now, and can't understand why people would leave it on. If you see someones pass you can generally find them online in about a minute...
        Same, although you would have the hell of a time tracking me down as I don't have a Social Media footprint which is where most people utterly obliterate their PERSEC, what I do have is obfuscated and very limited.

Comment

Working...
        X