• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shaunbhoy!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaunbhoy!!!

The jocks beat someone half-decent!

Have you jocks unearthed some new star players? Perhaps the referee was bent? Or was it that the French simply surrendered?

Sit us on your knee and tell us about it!

Originally posted by wendigo100

Have you jocks unearthed some new star players? Perhaps the referee was bent? Or was it that the French simply surrendered?

Well as I attended the match after an absence of 20 years from Hampden Park I can confirm that it was a very spirited performance from Scotland, but in truth the French have only themselves to blame for not finishing Scotland off in the first half after hitting the post and two disallowed goals.

Scotland though still have a long way to go before they can really compete at this level, they still need to improve their game to have any hope of qualification, they were worthy of a point but a win was flattering.

Still ...well done Scotland !

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

We got rid of an underperforming foreign manager and replaced him with someone that knows what he is doing. A bit like what England have done except for the last bit. This result is by no means a fluke neither as we have won our last 3 away matches against Lithuania, Norway, and Slovenia (3-0) as well as having drawn with Italy and thumping Bulgaria 5-1 on our way to winning the Kirin Cup (the only worthwhile international football trophy to be brought back to these shores in living memory!).
      To be sitting atop the group we are in after 3 games cannot simply be down to luck. That said, there is still plenty of time for us to shoot ourselves in the foot.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
        We got rid of an underperforming foreign manager and replaced him with someone that knows what he is doing. A bit like what England have done except for the last bit. This result is by no means a fluke neither as we have won our last 3 away matches against Lithuania, Norway, and Slovenia (3-0) as well as having drawn with Italy and thumping Bulgaria 5-1 on our way to winning the Kirin Cup (the only worthwhile international football trophy to be brought back to these shores in living memory!).
        To be sitting atop the group we are in after 3 games cannot simply be down to luck. That said, there is still plenty of time for us to shoot ourselves in the foot.
        Yes like beating France and Italy then losing to Faroe Islands and going out on goal difference.

The big test is being able to be consistent and finish the smaller teams, Scotland can rise to the occasion against the big teams but let themselves down with lesser opposition.

Glorious Failures .... Weve all seen that movie before ...

One for Wendigo, isnt it time that Rooney was dropped ?
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 October 2006, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          Yes like beating France and Italy then losing to Faroe Islands and going out on goal difference.

The big test is being able to be consistent and finish the smaller teams, Scotland can rise to the occasion against the big teams but let themselves down with lesser opposition.

Glorious Failures .... Weve all seen that movie before ...

I will be supporting Lithuania in Scotland in the second leg.

Regarding beating Italy I would say it's a bit early to say that...
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Maybe, but none of them looked very sharp, back on their heels waiting for the ball and letting the opposition nick it. I thought McClaren had sorted that out. Still, at least we didn't lose by five goals at home to Slovakia - couldn't have happened to a nicer manager and captain!

But never mind England. I didn't see much of the Scotland match, so have they got any proper star players in the making? I did see the goalie catch one. That's promising. Anything else? I want to believe!

Comment

Working...
            X