• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little bit of brie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit of brie

Not cheese you fool. A fire.
    I'm in South Africa, and they don't have BBQ, they have a Brie.
    All very good so far. But I've had a load of ale and I'll probably burn the place down.

I know they don't have smoke detectors, not after what I did to the toast this am.

Anyways , the pound is flying high, so it's a quid for a pint of strong ale, petrol is almost free and I'm thinking of buying Cape Town, if only I can find the change in my coat pocket.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sp "braai"

Don't forget to mention how well Argentina and Japan play rugby. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Sp "braai"

Don't forget to mention how well Argentina and Japan play rugby. :-)
      Coff. I mentioned the Japanese result to a pub full of Zulus, I was lucky to get out alive.
      Nice blokes the Zulus, but a bit loopy
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        All very good so far. But I've had a load of ale and I'll probably burn the place down.

I know they don't have smoke detectors, not after what I did to the toast this am.

Anyways , the pound is flying high, so it's a quid for a pint of strong ale, petrol is almost free and I'm thinking of buying Cape Town, if only I can find the change in my coat pocket.
        Have you been hanging around with MF these days?

Comment

Try saying "jou ma se Poes" to the first person you see in the morning. It's a friendly greeting, particularly in Cape Town.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Try saying "jou ma se Poes" to the first person you see in the morning. It's a friendly greeting, particularly in Cape Town.
            This is you Scruff, especially as the actor Harry Peacock I think is from Leeds, in my ope, does a decent Saffa accent, you dick-licking sack of Bokke tulip!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              This is you Scruff, especially as the actor Harry Peacock I think is from Leeds, in my ope, does a decent Saffa accent, you dick-licking sack of Bokke tulip!

I'm sure that is funny if you're "down wiv da kids" in some way, but I found it less amusing than ironing my shirts for work and less stimulating than boiling the kettle. It's total shash, deeply dull and impressively bollocks.

Glad you're enjoying SA EO, was hoping to go this summer, but plans didn't work out.
              Last edited by TykeMerc; 2 October 2015, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Eat fish, its normally wonderful over there. Springbok Carpaccio is also awesome.

Go to Sun city and see the slot machine gambling floor, will put you off gambling for life.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

@Scruff

LOL - you probably need to re-write that "greeting" phonetically, otherwise it just won't have the same effect!

Cow: 2 hookers, 2 lookers, 4 stander-uppers, 4 hanger-downers and a swishy-wishy

Comment

Originally posted by SurfQueen View Post
                    @Scruff

LOL - you probably need to re-write that "greeting" phonetically, otherwise it just won't have the same effect!

voetsek jou bliksem

Comment

Working...
                    X