• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carp news...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp news...

An otter has plundered over £10,000 worth of koi carp from a devastated couple over the last four months.

Anne Newiss and her husband John have had over 50 of their prized fish killed and eaten - including one "pet" they had for 32 years - by the voracious predator.

Mrs Newiss, 68, of Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, said: "It's been absolutely heartbreaking."

Killing an otter is punishable by a £5,000 fine or six months in prison.

Source: What a r-otter: rogue mammal munches £10k worth of koi carp - Telegraph

£5k fine or £10k fish hmmm...

Strange that ToryGraph did not say how much their house is worth ... fail!

Shame they didn't keep flat fish. "otters eat our soles" would have made a good tabloid headline.

Comment

Was wandering round a nearby nature area by a reservoir the other day and saw a notice about ? (forget what) failing to establish in the area due to predation by Mink and they were hoping to get some otters into the area to reduce the mink and allow the (?) to thrive.

After seeing your posts I'm wondering if they have forgotten that otters eat ? as well, all gets a bit complicated with bloody things eating other bloody things.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Shame they didn't keep flat fish. "otters eat our soles" would have made a good tabloid headline.
        Hoi!

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          Hoi!
          Be careful out there..

Comment

yes I can see why the Telegraph readers look down on Daily mail readers.

Otters: what you otter know
            and no house price!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

After many years of contracting, but now perm (but contractor friendly ) have my first post.....

The lady in the article is my Mother

Comment

Originally posted by andybates View Post
                After many years of contracting, but now perm (but contractor friendly ) have my first post.....

The lady in the article is my Mother
                How much is her house worth
                Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                  How much is her house worth
                  It's not a house, it's a bungalow

Comment

Going to be on Anglia TV news this evening as well, what a star!

Also in the Sun The Sun

Comment

Working...
                    X