• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors' supper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors' supper

1) 1.5 slices of wholemeal rye bread
    2) one very small glass of red wine
    3) dreams of glory

Fish chips & mushy peas....ambrosia.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Bolognese sauce (prime Scottish mince, none of yer English muck), penne pasta, a tomato and onion side salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs and green pesto, some freshly grated parmesan, and a nice chilled Chablis.

And that's a permie supper, I should point out. However, I may soon be tempted back to the fold, if a gig in Amsterdam comes off.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

10 pints of lager and a packet of crisps please

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Roast leg of locally reared lamb with garlic, anchovies and rosamary. Roast potatoes, greens, carrots, peas - all local and organic.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ska mans supper

1) Baked beans (eaten cold from the tin)
            2) Mug of "Happy Shopper" Vimto-style drink
            3) Delusions of grandeur
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

DaveB has the idea. You have to eat so you may as well eat well.

For myself, rib of 35 day matured locally reared beef, with Yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips and potatoes, cauliflower and carrots, with red wine and onion gravy. Scrumptious.

Aunt Bessie was nowhere in sight.

Comment

TBH it's all that Hugh Fernley whassiface's fault. Other half bought me the River Cottage Meat Book so I've been trawling the local butchers looking for decent local meat. Looks like we found a winner with the Lamb.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You've hit the nail on the head, DaveB. The local butcher and/or farm outlet is the only place now where you can buy the really good quality meat. All the stuff in the supermarkets (even the supposed top end ones) is second rate at best and most is produced overseas, even if it's marked "Produce of the UK". The label shows where the last stage of processing occurred so, for example, most supermarket chickens come from Thailand but are packed in the UK so can legally be labelled as UK chickens.

Comment

So long as it's all Halal, you'll be OK with your 70 virgins.

Comment

Working...
                    X