• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with Ltd Co being registered at Leasehold residence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Ltd Co being registered at Leasehold residence

Hi

has anyone had any challenge from their Leasehold management co in having registered their Ltd Co at their home address? I reside in a Leasehold apartment and carry on no business activity other than receiving my Ltd company mail at my home address.

I am being accused of breaching the "single residential dwelling condition" within the lease!

My lawyer believes there is no case to answer but I am interested if anyone else in the Contractor Ltd Co world has faced this.

PR

No.

HTH
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It would be a lot cheaper to just register it somewhere else with mail forwarded rather than pay legal fees...

Also, do you properly display company name plaque in front of building/flat to comply with registration requirements???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It would be a lot cheaper to just register it somewhere else with mail forwarded rather than pay legal fees...

Also, do you properly display company name plaque in front of building/flat to comply with registration requirements???
        Can also be easier, if you are renting and therefore moving often.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Last time I looked into that, the current interpretation of the law was that the information must be visible to actual visitors to the premises, and therefore having it stuck up somewhere just inside the front door, where somebody could see it when the door was opened to them, was sufficient.

But IANAL. Maybe the government is collecting hundreds of millions of pounds in fines imposed on one-person businesses for not doing their bit to support Britain's thriving brass platemaking industry

Comment

What's coming soon is this - free data from the Companies House will be used by councils to locate locally registered businesses in residential areas that don't pay business rates...

Sounds like Plan B to start new cost efficient mail forwarding service

Comment

Business rates are not applicable if you are working from home:

https://www.gov.uk/introduction-to-b...orking-at-home

OP, is your registered office at home or at your accountant's? When you say "leasehold", do you mean that you rent or the body corporate of the leasehold on a property that you own?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Business rates are not applicable if you are working from home:
                "You don’t usually have to pay business rates for home-based businesses if you:"

Councils need extra revenues, they will argue why won't ebay sellers not pay business rates tax the same way the High Streets shops do?

Comment

Hi

its not a question of business rates its more about a breach of residential lease. I own the property under a lease - flat. I use the home address for my contractor address that's all and the Landlord is suggesting its not now purely residential which it absolutely is.
                  Not aware on any contractor erecting plaques!!
                  thanks

Originally posted by Ridds13 View Post
                  Hi

has anyone had any challenge from their Leasehold management co in having registered their Ltd Co at their home address? I reside in a Leasehold apartment and carry on no business activity other than receiving my Ltd company mail at my home address.

I am being accused of breaching the "single residential dwelling condition" within the lease!

My lawyer believes there is no case to answer but I am interested if anyone else in the Contractor Ltd Co world has faced this.

PR

Comment

Originally posted by Ridds13 View Post
                    Not aware on any contractor erecting plaques!!

You are not a real contractor if you don't have a nice plaque with your name on it!

Comment

Working...
                    X