• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why isn't there a law against fake/fraudulent jobs posted by agencies / clients?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't there a law against fake/fraudulent jobs posted by agencies / clients?

I am surprised, that we have this situation in the best 1st world country like Britain.

Why isn't there a law against posting fake/fraudulent jobs that are posted by agencies / clients?
    Why are they above law?

I see that most (i.e. majority) of the jobs posted in various site like Jobserve are just fake jobs - they don;t exist at all!
    Many agencies have confirmed this to me directly face-to-face on phone calls
    Such a pathetic situation.

Why the law is not against this?

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    I am surprised, that we have this situation in the best 1st world country like Britain.

Why isn't there a law against posting fake/fraudulent jobs that are posted by agencies / clients?
    Why are they above law?

I see that most (i.e. majority) of the jobs posted in various site like Jobserve are just fake jobs - they don;t exist at all!

Recruitment - one of the most unregulated industries out there, fact.

Next!
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What would a law achieve? You'll feel a little bit safer and loved? Maybe we should introduce one and call it Need A Cuddle Law...

But seriously... It's doing nothing more than slightly inconveniencing you. How about a different approach to it where you grow some?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post

Why are they above law?

Prove it!
        More importantly prove it with a level of evidence that can satisfy a court.

Alternatively stop acting as if there's anything even slightly sensible or novel in what you wrote.

Comment

I'm going to start lobbying for a law against troll Internet posts. They waste my time and make me angry. You say it would be hard to prove that the troll isn't really expressing his opinion? I don't care, ban it. Maybe the law would be unenforceable, but it would make me feel better and the government could claim they had done something to improve our lives.

Let's see, what else wastes my time and makes me angry? Let's make a list and ban them all. We need more laws!

Let's also make a law against a mod moving a thread to General, but somehow I think that law had better be passed quickly or it will be too late....

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            Let's also make a law against a mod moving a thread to General, but somehow I think that law had better be passed quickly or it will be too late....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So much for sockies not drawing attention to themselves...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

People who block the entire aisle with their trolleys whilst they chat to their mate.
                People who stop for no apparent reason in front of you.
                Massive hand luggage on flights. If it needs wheels it's not fcking hand luggage
                People who try to get on the train/in the lift before letting people out.

Bansturbate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Let down by the Tories again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    People who block the entire aisle with their trolleys whilst they chat to their mate.
                    People who stop for no apparent reason in front of you.
                    Massive hand luggage on flights. If it needs wheels it's not fcking hand luggage
                    People who try to get on the train/in the lift before letting people out.

Bansturbate them all!
                    People cruising, too concerned with using their mobile on the move, who then look annoyed when they almost walk right into you.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X