• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GP strategies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP strategies

Has any one worked as an associate for this company? Had an offer from them but they want invoices a month in arrears and there payment terms are 45 days, by my calculation it would take "TEN" weeks to get paid. Your thought gentlemen please!

Still better than what you can possibly get lumped with going direct. Do a credit check on them and based on that make your decision. I've done exactly this on a gig once and it went without a hitch.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Still better than what you can possibly get lumped with going direct. Do a credit check on them and based on that make your decision. I've done exactly this on a gig once and it went without a hitch.
      Thanks for your reply, im fairly new to contracting as a ltd company, so what exactly do you mean by "lumped by going direct" and how would i go about doing a credit check on them? I researched their reviews on Glassdoor and it doesnt make good reading, and i think waiting up to "ten" weeks for payment is a big risk to take, and perish the thought, what if they didnt pay up! The up side is the potential earnings are very good.

Comment

B2B payment terms with no factoring (which agents often do) means you could have up to a 90 day payment schedule and that's in arrears so possibly up to 120 days from the day you step foot in the door.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mick01 View Post
          Has any one worked as an associate for this company? Had an offer from them but they want invoices a month in arrears and there payment terms are 45 days, by my calculation it would take "TEN" weeks to get paid. Your thought gentlemen please!
          their
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

GP strategies

Your thought gentlemen please!
            Get to the first corner on the inside line, drive faster than everyone else and don't make a mess of the pit stops.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              B2B payment terms with no factoring (which agents often do) means you could have up to a 90 day payment schedule and that's in arrears so possibly up to 120 days from the day you step foot in the door.
              Thanks northernladuk, i get the B2B payment bit ie direct from them to me, which they clearly state 45 days, iv worked through agencies before, which are a pain in the A**e, always trying to rob you hence i went ltd, so what about the credit check, how do i do that? - Dont know what the other replies are about, sounds like some ones blown a gasket!

Comment

The other posts are pointing out you're:-

1. Illiterate, this is backed up by your most recent post.
                2. Unable to put any thought into a thread title, GP strategies sounds like a motor racing tactic, please refer to point 1.
                3. You posted in General which is a bear pit.
                4. Do you like films about gladiators?
                5. Have you bled the radiators?
                7. What happened to Number 6?
                8. Are you actually as naive as you come across in your posts?
                9. Have you ever thought about learning the English language to even a basic level?
                Last edited by TykeMerc; 8 October 2015, 10:32.

Comment

Get stuffed you plonker!

Comment

Get stuffed you plonker!
                    Ahh yet another one of that Speshul type of posting accounts. We've all seen lots of those.

Comment

Working...
                    X