• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to claim JSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to claim JSA

Jobseeker

Mods: Worth a sticky?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I like the use of the word "unethical" in this article.

Comment

The guy that wrote that article forgot to credit you as the source of his research PC

Comment

I dedicated a post to you in General regarding this PC .

I found this bit interesting.

Business assets (the total value of your company and its assets) forms part of the means-testing so if you’ve got cash available in your company and the physical assets of the company total more than £16,000 you’ll not be eligible for JSA. Disposing of capital in your limited company by drawing dividends will be taken into account as if you still have access to the money (i.e. haven’t spent it), then this is effectively transferring company capital to personal capital.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          I dedicated a post to you in General regarding this PC .

I found this bit interesting.
          Haven't read it all.

In my experience, I've NEVER been asked how much is left in the company. They do ask how much savings you've got though - pretty sure it wasn't as low as that last time I did it.

I guess having less than £16K savings might be a show stopper these days.

One thing - if you know there is bench/JSA time likely there is nothing stopping you declaring a dividend on the Friday (when you're still in contract) and clearing the company out, then using this to pay off credit cards/mortgage or whatever. Then monday its gone. Of course, you can't leave it in savings account...

Unethical maybe. Not getting into that one. But theres no way anyone can dictate how you choose to deal with your own finances BEFORE you claim of course.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Haven't read it all.

In my experience, I've NEVER been asked how much is left in the company. They do ask how much savings you've got though - pretty sure it wasn't as low as that last time I did it.

I guess having less than £16K savings might be a show stopper these days.
            Maybe its changed, or if you had 16K in your company at the time and that was the rule.....
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Bit about not being elligible if you turn down an extension or another contract is complete tulipe mind.

The jobcentre staff don't know how it works so wouldnt even know to ask this. How are they going to know anyway?

My experience is they say so why are you out of work? Temp contract ended, looking for something else. Oh OK then. End of conversation.

Comment

Maybe its changed, or if you had 16K in your company at the time and that was the rule.....
                LAst time I claimed I paid all the dividends out beforehand. Then I had about £10K savings if I remember.

Was 2-3 years ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  LAst time I claimed I paid all the dividends out beforehand. Then I had about £10K savings if I remember.

Was 2-3 years ago now.
                  In the clear then .
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

In the clear then .
                    all legit butti!

Comment

Working...
                    X