• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lump sum salary payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lump sum salary payment

I will be shutting down my LTD in November and wonder if there are any implications of paying myself a lump sum as salary?

I have been paying myself a salary of £670 since April and plan to pay 670*5 in November to take full advantage of my allowance. I am taking a break so the assumption is that i will not open a new LTD in the current tax year.

Thanks

There is a good thread on this at the link below bit your situation is slightly different. Yours sounds more like a contrived solution to avoid paying tax which isn't good news. You aren't going to earn it over coming months with you closing the company. If you kept the company open it wouldn't be a problem I don't think. Saying that you set your own pay levels so a one final big salary although looking odd isn't out of the question. One for your accountant I would say.

Thread is here.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...y-advance.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X