• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve vs Reed & Others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve vs Reed & Others

I know there are other threads about regarding Jobserve and other sites, but I don't know if its just co-incidence or not, but I signed up to receive regular emails of jobs from jobserve, and I notice that the jobs on that site tend to get removed/expired far more quickly than the likes of Reed etc.
    Some jobs on Reed can still be there for weeks etc.
    Now I do realise that that could just be because the job in question is genuinely still 'active', i.e. an open vacancy for one reason or another, but has anyone else noticed this? Or even cares perhaps?

Originally posted by tdhgeek007 View Post
    I know there are other threads about regarding Jobserve and other sites, but I don't know if its just co-incidence or not, but I signed up to receive regular emails of jobs from jobserve, and I notice that the jobs on that site tend to get removed/expired far more quickly than the likes of Reed etc.
    Now I do realise that that could just be because the job in question is genuinely still 'active', i.e. an open vacancy for one reason or another, but has anyone else noticed this? Or even cares perhaps?
    AIUI JS charges by the week so when the payment runs out the advert is dropped. Don't know what Reds et al do though...

Boo

Comment

Who cares. The agent will get three CVs he needs in a couple of hours. Anything over a day then you are probably too late. What does it matter how long it is up after that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Who cares. The agent will get three CVs he needs in a couple of hours. Anything over a day then you are probably too late. What does it matter how long it is up after that.
        Exactly, I have always found the Jobserve job alerts to be next to useless.
        I have normally applied, in most instances, prior to the alert coming thorugh.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

+ 1
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by tdhgeek007 View Post
            Jobserve charge to host adverts at a starting rate of £120 for 7 days or £300 for the month.

The Reed site is has different commercial terms, allowing you to post a job for 6 weeks for £175.

This to me explains why jobs "Hang around".

Comment

is Reed any good for contract roles? Never used it myself

Comment

+2 (at least)

Comment

Anecdotal, but I got a job that I applied for on Jobserve without any problems.
                  Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

I find that Jobserve, though slow, still tends to be the best. As others have said contracts can be advertised and filled very quickly, unlike perm jobs. Never really used Reed.

As for the "who cares" posts, well we care because filled contracts are a potential time waster. The boards don't care as it is no skin off their nose and makes the board look busy. The clients don't care as they already spent the £175 or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X