• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diverse services through xompany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diverse services through xompany

My wife and I have moved to Devon and she has already successfully landed herself a contract, as a social work team manager to cover for a 1 year leave of absence by the current manager.

Is there anyway that she can work through my company?

I ask as my company is IT related and she is not working in IT.

Thanks.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

This has been discussed many times. Short answers is - yes she can, same as people running plan B through their contracting company.

Comment

The only rule around this i'm aware of is if your on flat rate VAT you should pay the appropriate percentage based on the main source of income for the company.

https://www.gov.uk/vat-flat-rate-sch...w-much-you-pay

whether this is relevant or disadvantageous is obviously based on your situation

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        This has been discussed many times. Short answers is - yes she can, same as people running plan B through their contracting company.
        Would be helpful if you post some links as evidence
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Think about this logically...of course there's no reason why a company can't offer a range of services. So the short answer is...yes, she could operate through your company. You could make her a shareholder and/or a salaried company officer/employee - whatever remuneration strategy makes sense.

But that's the short answer. The long answer is depends on your circumstances, how much business you expect etc. as there could be other complications (e.g. VAT). It would be worth discussing this with your accountant first.

Comment

Working...
          X