• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinking tonight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking tonight?

What're you drinking tonight? I fancy a good bottle of red (to myself), anyone recommend something nice from M&S, Sainsburys or Morrisons?

Skip the wine & head for the spirits

Sailor Jerry Rum with Cream Soda or Ginger Beer
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Just the usual couple of bottles of meths.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I suspect starting off with a cocktail and ended up with a red wine. Need to pop to the wine emporium to score summat to go with the steak. Methinks a bordeaux or malbec will be in order!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"Malbec" red from Argentina. It was a randomish pick from the Tesco shelf, which is about as sophisticated as I get with my wine choice. Probably go and have some Guinness in the pub beforehand, and then try not to drink whisky later on or I won't feel like doing anything tomorrow.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The wife's away, so instead of our usual bottle of Friday fizz followed by red wine, it will be me and the dog, maybe in the pub. Maybe at home drinking wine. Maybe both.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I do like Isla Negra cabernet sauvignon / merlot, almost anything by Hardimans or Turning leaf.

in the £5-10 category.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

actually its teh second time I have been asked today. oh dear
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                  What're you drinking tonight? I fancy a good bottle of red (to myself), anyone recommend something nice from M&S, Sainsburys or Morrisons?
                  Try a pinot noir from Wither Hills or Villa Maria both Kiwi wines and not bad quality. Not sure if they sell then in your supermarket of choice.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Some craft keg produce will be quaffed in my local.
                    I get up...

Comment

Working...
                    X