• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibre broadband

After ranting to bt for years I finally got fibre in February.

Now we are moving house (1 mile away). Rang them up to transfer the package and the new place isn't fibre enabled and won't be till December 2016. Back down to 0.5 meg from 72 meg is gonna hurt.

Cock.

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post

Now we are moving house (1 mile away). Rang them up to transfer the package and the new place isn't fibre enabled and won't be till December 2016. Back down to 0.5 meg from 72 meg is gonna hurt.

Cock.
    That's going to teach you to move house!

I've heard from a few folk recently that it's an utter farce to get the fibre implementation done with BT having crappy lead times. My eldest is shortly to be moving house, similar scenario, but his current place has Virgin, new one can't.

Comment

If you are only moving a mile down the road, could you set of airfibre?
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Didn't you check the broadband capability before you decided to move to that house?

Everyone I know has been doing that for year....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cock.
          A month or two off the "HD prawn" won't kill you. You'll just have to step down to SD quality.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            A month or two off the "HD prawn" won't kill you. You'll just have to step down to SD quality.
            A month or 2? He said Dec 2016!!!

I'm be tempted to pull out of the house purchase

Apparently (and understandably) home hunters now class high-speed broadband as one of their main requirements. I know I certainly would.

Comment

Cock.
              You should move here: Romania has 9 of the world
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Didn't you check the broadband capability before you decided to move to that house?

Everyone I know has been doing that for year....
                Yeah I did, everything said it was a avaliable. Yet on further investigation it's not.

Comment

Apparently it's planned for fibre to the premises early next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X