• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain Set For Worst Winter in Half a Century

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter 2015 heavy snow forecast for UK: Long-range weather shock | Weather | News | Daily Express

In other words, it will be dull, mild and wet just like it is every year

What about global warming thingy?

Comment

It will snow.

There will be 2 days of snow in London and SE. The transport system will grind to a halt and the airlines will moan about lack of runways.

There will be 2 weeks of snow further a field e.g North of Watford Gap. The transport system will mostly work.

There will be 2 months of snow in most of Scotland. The transport system will work fine.

Then it will flood everywhere but only the residents of some rich area in the SE will get in the national news as their aim is to stop building of houses near them.......
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Looking like a significant "el nino" which I thought was associated with cold dry winters in the UK, but the papers are howling about snowy contitions.

I guess weeks of blizzards are more newsworthy than "wrap up warm, dear", and journos are rarely troubled by facts!

Comment

Britain Set For Worst Weather reporting in Half a Century

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Britain Set For Worst Weather reporting in Half a Century
            That's got some massive competition.
            Will there be a lavish awards ceremony filled to bursting with Z list slebs to crown the most outrageously lurid example of weather related total bollocks published?

Comment

I can guarantee that this will be a particularly bad winter. After the bad winter of 09/10 I got fed up driving a 450bhp rear wheel drive car in -10 degrees and snow. So I picked up an old X5 to get me through the next winter intending to bin it after 3 months. 5 years later, I still have it, and not a flake of snow has fallen. In the meantime i bought another 450bhp rear wheel driver, and my insurance X5 has meant that it has never seen snow either. Until now.

My lad is now 17, and the X5 will be chopped as a deposit on a car for him. The day that happens, expect 6 feet of snow across the country. Guaranteed.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                52 years since the long hard winter of 1963 that we boomers had so much fun in.

Mauve Monkeys would need surgery after such a winter.

The preboomer winter of 1947 was even worse, apparently.
                I'd take '47 any time...

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                  My lad is now 17, and the X5 will be chopped as a deposit on insurance bill for 1L Fiesta for him. The day that happens, expect 6 feet of snow across the country. Guaranteed.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    52 years since the long hard winter of 1963 that we boomers had... The preboomer winter of 1947 was even worse, apparently.
                    Well Baby Boomers did cause global warming...

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 11 October 2015, 17:22.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X