• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My New Steed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Steed

Had it a few weeks now but this weekend was the first time I really took it out in anger.

Took the back roads down to Lyme and then took it for a blast along the Jurassic coast route to Portland & stopped for a pub lunch in Abbotsbury.

Plenty of low down grunt, sounds great especially the way it pops on the overrun.

You really need to get your cornering spot on though as it seems to have a lot of inertia meaning it's hard to make any corrections once you're in the bend. A few shape intkes of breath especially on this very windy and hilly route.

A joy though when you get it right and power out of the bend as you knock it up through the box.

Shame it's nearly winter....

You call it a proper contractors' motorcycle?

Comment

Aaaah! I fondly remember my motorcycling days. Then I had 3 accidents in a short space of time and completely lost my confidence going round left hand bends. I was fine on right hand bends but going from South London to Gravesend via Birmingham was a bit difficult.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lost count of the numbers of mates who've damaged themselves on bikes.

One lost a kidney, one did his left leg totally, one had all the skin ripped off his arm by a car door mirror. Looks a right mess even now.

That's why I like plenty of metal to sit in on the road nowadays....

Comment

I was an RAC/ACM bike instructor BITD. Then I got a taste of mortality and haven't been on a bike in years.

I occasionally miss it when I think of the great continental holidays I've had.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We are all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your bike? Or on your ******' bed... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say ****** that thing! Let's bike!

Comment

I quit the old R6 when I started to look a bit too much like Daffyd from Little Britain in the leathers.....

One advantage of having the pot belly though was I could lie on the fuel tank and everyone thought I was in a racing crouch rather than just being lazy.... :-p
              Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
                I quit the old R6 when I started to look a bit too much like Daffyd from Little Britain in the leathers.....
                For some reason that did not stop MF ...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I was an RAC/ACM bike instructor BITD. Then I got a taste of mortality and haven't been on a bike in years.

I occasionally miss it when I think of the great continental holidays I've had.
                  That sounds much more fun than doing IT.

I take it the money's crap...

Comment

Problem is unless you end up an organ donor you suffer.

Incidentally all my biker mates chronic injuries are from doing other risky things. These injuries have changed their lives in minor ways.

Oddly I have statistically done sports that cause more life changing injuries than the ones they have done but I am fine.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X