• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home office reveals ID cards cost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home office reveals ID cards cost

The UK's national identity card scheme will cost £5.4bn to set up and run over the next 10 years, the Home Office has revealed.

BBC

Time to book a ticket on the gravy train I feel.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Give the Home Office's proud estimating record, the true cost will probably be ten times that. At least.

Comment

Which group of muppets are doing this one again?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I don't think it's the muppets. Perhaps the daleks have put in a bid?
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          Which group of muppets are doing this one again?
          Fozzy is PM'ing it and has outsourced the development work to Fraggle Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
            I don't think it's the muppets. Perhaps the daleks have put in a bid?
            It's all part of our plan for universal domination. Zeitghost is the new project manager.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              The UK's national identity card scheme will cost £5.4bn to set up and run over the next 10 years, the Home Office has revealed.

BBC

Time to book a ticket on the gravy train I feel.
              I see the pigs our out practicing for their Royal Command Performance at the International Air Tattoo!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                You called?

I'm in charge of the tattooing of barcodes on the back of the neck side of things...
                Don't forget the GPS transmitter up the jacksie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  I meant - which world renowned elite consultancy organisation is handling the ID cards project? Sorry if any muppets were offended by the previous question.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    I meant - which world renowned elite consultancy organisation is handling the ID cards project? Sorry if any muppets were offended by the previous question.

Comment

Working...
                    X