• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Identity Theft of Famous People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identity Theft of Famous People

What do you reckon the likely hood is of applying for a credit card in the name of someone who is famous?

For instance, you could find out, when they were born, what they did for a job, where they live, what their mothers maiden name, where they were born and you know what their job is?

Wonder if it happens?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

You'd need to change their address to yours, and I doubt anyone will believe Elton John would move to Basingstoke.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Wonder if it happens?
      I'm sure it did happen to the guy who used to be on TV warning us to guard against it (can't remember his name though). Needless to say, not long after they dropped the adverts.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Ah yes, it was Alastair McGowan.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

"You'd need to change their address to yours, and I doubt anyone will believe Elton John would move to Basingstoke."

He may have more than one house!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why don't you ask Ricky Gervais?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Didn't someone get a driving license as David Blunkett?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                Didn't someone get a driving license as David Blunkett?
                As long as it wasn't David Blunkett...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  As long as it wasn't David Blunkett...
                  I doubt that there is a theoretical reason why a blind person couldn't apply for (and get) a provisional license.

I suspect that turning it into a full one would be the part that is sanity checked. I guess that there isn't an audio or a braille version of the 'written' test, whatever the DDA says.

I wonder if there's a 'large' print version? (There's no real reason why someone who is very badly long sighted shouldn't drive).

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                    I doubt that there is a theoretical reason why a blind person couldn't apply for (and get) a provisional license.

I suspect that turning it into a full one would be the part that is sanity checked. I guess that there isn't an audio or a braille version of the 'written' test, whatever the DDA says.

I wonder if there's a 'large' print version? (There's no real reason why someone who is very badly long sighted shouldn't drive).

tim
                    There is, IIRC, a minimum sight requirement albeit with corrective specs allowed.

Comment

Working...
                    X