• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension, or not to be....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension, or not to be....

Last two weeks of contract.

Verbally advised extension at end of last week, but not heard anything since. Not a word. All I have is an email advising extension likely, but not signed off.

So, I need to start to think about the implications of working out of contract if the extension does not get formalised in time.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Alternatively, you could chase the people who are supposed to sort it out on time

Comment

Not sure what the question here is.

If you get extended -> Create a boomed thread.

If you don't get extended -> Let me know what role you would like on the CUK benchers thread.

HTH

Comment

Psychocandy will be along to give you some worldly professional advice shortly. He loves this type of thing.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Flop your old boy out. Walk around the office shouting "come on - you either want it or you don't".
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Not sure what the question here is.

If you get extended -> Create a boomed thread.

If you don't get extended -> Let me know what role you would like on the CUK benchers thread.

HTH

What fatty said.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

If your contract requires you to have

Professional Indemnity
                Employer's Liability

Then I would not be working without a signed extension, unless you receive a written waiver of these terms. The potential exists that if you work without a formal contract, then you might be breaching the terms of your Insurance.

Personally, I would not work without a formal extension, in writing.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Professional Indemnity
                  Employer's Liability

Then I would not be working without a signed extension, unless you receive a written waiver of these terms. The potential exists that if you work without a formal contract, then you might be breaching the terms of your Insurance.

Amazing how many people forget this fact.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Professional Indemnity
                    Employer's Liability

Nah. Overkill in some circumstances.

If its an extension, an email confirming such from a relevant person i.e. agency or client is good enough IMHO.

Of course, if agent says dont go in then dont - they are the payers after all.

Some clients if you wait the paperwork signed sealed and delivered you're going to lose a LOT of billing days for no reason.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X