• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extinction

Public warned to be on red alert for 'devastating EARTHQUAKE strike within 48 hours' | Science | News | Daily Express

He gives a reasonable explanation here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXiH9_S1x-A

Pondy's mate?

Comment

Predicting things that happen frequently is hardly science.

I predict it will rain somewhere in the UK within the next 48 hours.

Comment

Internet full of this at the min, if the earthquake doesn't get you the Jesuit reptilians will ....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
            He gives a reasonable explanation here
            No, no he doesn't. He dresses up random coincidence and pseudo science as something science-like.

If his hypothesis is that Uranus has any influence on earthquakes, then he needs to do far more than cherry pick a couple of instances and then extrapolate a conclusion.

Bit of a side note, we've now stopped calling it "Ur-anus" (phnarr phnarr) and are now calling it "Uran-us"? When I mentioned that to my 8 year old he still said "ha ha, you said urine!"

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              Predicting things that happen frequently is hardly science.

I predict it will rain somewhere in the UK within the next 48 hours.
              You are the MESSIAH!

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Bit of a side note, we've now stopped calling it "Ur-anus" (phnarr phnarr) and are now calling it "Uran-us"? When I mentioned that to my 8 year old he still said "ha ha, you said urine!"
              Ah - he's just taking the piss.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thing is, its an interesting idea. The planets all pulling in harness, causing earthquakes.
                The problem though is that there are fifty steps between an interesting idea and making predictions.

He has leaped over the sciency bit and gone straight for the predictions. Which is a bit w@nky if you were to ask my opinion
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Up there with "ooh, there are five Saturdays in October this year. It hasn't happened for 635 years. The Chinese know it as blah blah blah... It can't hurt to share it"

It happened in 2011, now get off my timeline you cretin or it can hurt to share it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You are the MESSIAH!
                    Well I like to think so.

My brother-in-law is a tabloid journalist for one of the red-tops. Every week they get letters from the same group of obsessive nutters and pseudo-scientists predicting plane crashes, train crashes, earthquakes and so on.

When some unfortunate event occurs they simply print the latest later as an "accurate" prediction.

Comment

Working...
                    X