• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gigs starting in 6 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigs starting in 6 weeks

Hmmm. Obvious thing to be concerned about is if I sign up for this, then advise current client that I dont wish to extend, its all going to go wrong if it then gets pulled before start date.

Then I'm in the piss poor situation of begging current client to please let me extend after all which would not be cool....

Same rate, MUCH closer to home. But of course the grass isn't always greener....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Sometimes you've just got to go with the flow, nothing in this life is guaranteed.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Psychocandy is currently:-

1) In contract and paying full whack of tax and NI like a permie.
      2) In contract, abusing the system and paying as little tax as is possible.
      3) Claiming JSA because I can

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Ah no option 2 is currently live....

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Sometimes you've just got to go with the flow, nothing in this life is guaranteed.
          Aye. Wouldnt be happy if it got pulled and I've just coughed up a guaranteed extension at current place......

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Ah no option 2 is currently live....
            I think you got whooshed by MysticFLC
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I think you got whooshed by MysticFLC
              Right. I see. Yes it would possibly mean a switch to option 3.

Comment

As for your original post, it's your call on how confident you are about the new gig materialising.

Stalling on the renewal until new gig firms up is probably best option
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Aye. Wouldnt be happy if it got pulled and I've just coughed up a guaranteed extension at current place......
                  Thing is you know it can happen, but that doesn't mean it is going to happen. Did the agent give any reason as to why the lead time was 6 weeks?
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

If you're going to start posting every random thought and every tiny event in your life, then post it in General.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X