• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3.5% tax - how do people think they get away with it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5% tax - how do people think they get away with it?

Adieu Montpelier - Contractor Weekly

So Mr Huitson thought it would be acceptable to pay tax on £15K income per year then bugger all on the rest. And thought this would be perfectly legal and HMRC would let it got?

Greed again - serves him and people like him right. £195K owed - oh dear.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

It was perfectly legal at the time. Avoidance is perfectly legal. In fact it is one's moral duty.

The loophole had to be closed. It should have been closed sooner. But it should not have been retrospective.

How do you pay yourself? Limited? HMRC have now decided you cannot claim travel and subsidence. Soon IR35 will be mandatory. And you are required to pay by an APN - and soon they can take the money out of your account.

Guilt until innocence is a lovely thing.

I note this is the 3rd thread on the subject - can someone do some KUATB posts please? I suppose we can expect such posts from the Welsh.

Comment

So you didn't check the post right below yours and all the others before posting this? Seems about right...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So you didn't check the post right below yours and all the others before posting this? Seems about right...
        Its about time this was added into the first timers guide. As everyone reads that...

Any chance mods could move this thread to general so I can stop being nice? I have received infractions before due to including certain emoticons in the professional forums....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Its about time this was added into the first timers guide. As everyone reads that...

Any chance mods could move this thread to general so I can stop being nice? I have received infractions before due to including certain emoticons in the professional forums....

Fill yer boots

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Fill yer boots
            To the OP

Thank God I can use that now!

Comment

To the OP

Though it might be funny if NAT/cojak move the thread back to A+L then give me an infraction!

Comment

Though it might be funny if NAT/cojak move the thread back to A+L then give me an infraction!
                I've already requested that via the report buttong.. KUATB

Comment

To the OP

How a picture can paint a thousand words....

Comment

To the OP

Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X