• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the week

Brought to you bu unixman and jobserve, these Norfolk chaps vouchsafe you, yes you, the opportunity to support Linux for 26k.

L1/L2 Support Engineer - Linux/UNIX - 6 Months - Norwich Norfolk England - October-14-2015 (EaaDj)

Oh 12 hour shifts overnight too. Chop chop darlings! Remember: "This requirement is urgent so shorter notice periods will be preferred. Please apply online for immediate consideration - any suitable candidates will be called ASAP."

So urgent they are chucking 13k at it.

Maybe that's the going rate for those skills in the market ...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      It's Norfolk so the applicants will be able to count how many £K they are paid on their fingers.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Yes that's why I posted it.

Comment

Gotta respect the dog barf. Good call.

Comment

I was once sent a dev role where they were offering £80/day, I respectfully replied to the agent that I could probably earn more stacking shelves at B&Q. He seemed to sympathise with this but said his hands were tied as it was the ClientCo that were offering such a pittance.
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                I was once sent a dev role where they were offering £80/day, I respectfully replied to the agent that I could probably earn more stacking shelves at B&Q. He seemed to sympathise with this but said his hands were tied as it was the ClientCo that were offering such a pittance.
                What did they want developing, hamburgers?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I was once sent a dev role where they were offering £80/day,
                  Sounds like they got day rate mixed up with an hourly rate, it happens.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Sounds like they got day rate mixed up with an hourly rate, it happens.
                    Leeds hookers are cheaper than that, if you are talking hourly rate.

Would your average linux man give more pleasure?

Comment

Working...
                    X