• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is why I support Jezza Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I support Jezza Corbyn

"The government is making it easier for the UK's growing technology industry to hire talent from outside the European Union by creating a new "tech nation" visa scheme." "

This new scheme is being driven by Tech City who describe themselves thus:

"Tech City UK was launched in Shoreditch in 2010 by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron to support the East London tech cluster known as Silicon Roundabout. We have since grown our support to Greater London and other cities around the UK. We are a publicly, funded non-profit team with a private sector mentality. Our focus is on creating the optimum conditions for digital technology businesses and entrepreneurs to thrive across the UK. Through our programmes and policy work, we accelerate the growth of digital businesses in London and across cities at all stages of their development."

This is what is wrong with the current Tory/Liberal/Blairite Anglo-Saxon Free Market hegemony. It's all about feeding businesses. If they want cheap workers then let's go and bring in foreigners to take the jobs.

The majority of the people of the UK are workers so why can't business be made to find jobs for us rather than people from other countries who are for whatever reasons more convenient?!

We need to rise up an rebel!
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    "The government is making it easier for the UK's growing technology industry to hire talent from outside the European Union by creating a new "tech nation" visa scheme." "

This new scheme is being driven by Tech City who describe themselves thus:

"Tech City UK was launched in Shoreditch in 2010 by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron to support the East London tech cluster known as Silicon Roundabout. We have since grown our support to Greater London and other cities around the UK. We are a publicly, funded non-profit team with a private sector mentality. Our focus is on creating the optimum conditions for digital technology businesses and entrepreneurs to thrive across the UK. Through our programmes and policy work, we accelerate the growth of digital businesses in London and across cities at all stages of their development."

This is what is wrong with the current Tory/Liberal/Blairite Anglo-Saxon Free Market hegemony. It's all about feeding businesses. If they want cheap workers then let's go and bring in foreigners to take the jobs.

The majority of the people of the UK are workers so why can't business be made to find jobs for us rather than people from other countries who are for whatever reasons more convenient?!

We need to rise up an rebel!
    Jobs in Tech City won't matter when Jezza has us all using stone tablets & chisels.

Comment

So if the locals aren't good enough or there aren't enough of them, we don't bother getting the work done?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's an interesting thing this IT skills shortage, heard it on the news this morning, and made wonder how many are on the bench? Or is it a shortage of people with skills willing to work for sweet fa?

Comment

I think CUK has caused a drop in contractor productivity.

Comment

Good Old Comrade Jezza will tax you to the hilt, in any case, so you will feel like you are on 3rd world wages.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              So if the locals aren't good enough or there aren't enough of them, we don't bother getting the work done?
              Nobody has said the locals are not good enough or there aren't enough of them. Nobody has ever said that but, like you, everyone jumps to that conclusion.

What they said is they find a shortage of the type of people they are looking for. Somebody needs to explore that rather than endlessly pander to employers. It's the same locals that were at the forefront of the digital revolution half a century ago.

My mate looks after an aspect of a furniture factory in the Midlands. It makes stuff for UK high street retailers surprisingly. It is stuffed full of Lithuanians. Every now and again a Brit comes in but they don't last long. It's tough but there's no doubt Brits can do it but Lithuanians can be driven in to the ground more. What I don't get is if effectively this factory is aimed at Lithuanian workers, why don't they put it in Lithuania?

Skills shortages are a feature of industrial development. Ignoring citizens capable of moving into areas of shortage and just importing foreigners is not the obvious thing to do (although it is a perfectly logical approach) and as a nation we need to talk more about whether we want a vibrant jobs market or just to support lazy businesses who can't think creatively.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                It's an interesting thing this IT skills shortage, heard it on the news this morning, and made wonder how many are on the bench? Or is it a shortage of people with skills willing to work for sweet fa?
                Yes, I continue to hear about this "shortage" everyday, but then, I've been on the bench for 16 days now. I consider myself skilled enough but I'm not getting calls or emails like used to be in the past, so something fishy is going on...

(maybe it is just I'm not willing to lower my rate down enough)
                Last edited by AnotherGuy; 16 October 2015, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  You can still have a national shortage when some people are out of work. It's all statistical

One could argue that having to pay £500/day to find someone suggests there IS a shortage!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He's for open borders/moar immigrashun, so not sure what supporting him will achieve.

Comment

Working...
                    X