• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents - a balanced view

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents - a balanced view

Pinched from IPSE forums

https://mocko.org.uk/b/2015/10/14/do...r-infestation/

I particularly like the verb "mouthfart"
    Last edited by mudskipper; 16 October 2015, 14:54.

Try calling one. You’ll find yourself talking to some feckless third-rate bulltulipter who overuses your name and pretends to care about your weekend in a naff attempt to “build rapport”. Most are failed salesmen; too slimy for it to work on anyone but us social inepts in tech. They’ll force-feed you half an hour of sales patter before finally admitting who the client is.

He's one of mine
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Try calling one. You’ll find yourself talking to some feckless third-rate bulltulipter who overuses your name and pretends to care about your weekend in a naff attempt to “build rapport”. Most are failed salesmen; too slimy for it to work on anyone but us social inepts in tech. They’ll force-feed you half an hour of sales patter before finally admitting who the client is.

He's one of mine
      Get as far as parable of shit:head - he'll stab you in the back sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Get as far as parable of tuliphead - he'll stab you in the back sooner or later.
        How did you manage to get around the filter?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          <taps nose/>

Comment

Like the Guinness, he ain't bitter*

*or wrong

Comment

This is most uplifting

I am now taking charge of the call the moment it comes in.

Suity: "Before you spend to long on this call, can I just point out I am only looking for contract work and I don't offer any references until I am offered".
              SH: "That's no problem. Blah blah waffle"

Suity: "Again can I just stop you there, can you please email me the job specification to have a look through. Let me have a read and I will give you a call back".
              SH: "The client hasn't actually given us a job spec"

Suity: "OK well I would create one and get it signed off by the client first before going to market. Saves a lot of time in the long run."

In other news :

SH: "Hi Suity, this is SH from Incorporated This Morning Ltd"
              Suity: "Never heard of you."

SH: "Oh really, we have lots of big clients."
              Suity: "Good to hear. Can you drop me a mail with a link to your web site and attach the job spec? I will take a look and call you back."

Or happening more and more

SH: "Hi Suity, I just found your CV online and wanted to understand more about your situation"
              Suity: "Do you have a particular role to discuss?"

SH: "Oh we have lots of roles, and I just wanted to find out more about your background so I can put you forward for the most appropriate one"
              Suity: "What I would do is read my CV before calling, then you would know all about me and could approach me for a specific role. I suspect you don't have a role and this is a fishing trip."
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                <taps nose/>
                I've had at least five bans for that, young lady. I advise you against this appalling behaviour.

Although, to be fair, mine was always for using the uncensored version of 'c**t'.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  You don't know how to do that, shithead ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The only good Agent is Orange Agent...

Comment

Working...
                    X