• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO shaunbhoy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO shaunbhoy

'My grown-up sons cost me £15,600 per year - how can I retire?'

Source: 'My grown-up sons cost me £15,600 per year - how can I retire?' - Telegraph

FFS, what you going to do when your 8 kids grow up?

That all?

Comment

I've 3 grown up sons, they cost me sod all

The bloke in the article is either a totally soft touch, an utter prat or it's a tale that's drastically sexed up for the press.

Comment

I bet when they were teens they cost £15,600 a year in tissues.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I've 3 grown up sons, they cost me sod all
          Yeah, but your kids are doing their time in Belmash for sockie hate crimes...

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

The bloke in the article is either a totally soft touch, an utter prat or it's a tale that's drastically sexed up for the press.
            He's a soft touch AND a prat as I've known adults with adult children like that since I was a teen. He needs parenting advice rather than financial advice.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I bet one of his sons is called Frankie....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He's a soft touch AND a prat as I've known adults with adult children like that since I was a teen. He needs parenting advice rather than financial advice.
                You strike me as a type who'd charge rent money from your own children...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You strike me as a type who'd charge rent money from your own children...

Erm... Well... Just out of interest you understand but.. What's wrong with that?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Erm... Well... Just out of interest you understand but.. What's wrong with that?
                    Nothing at all. Perfectly reasonable approach if you want your kids to grow up having some notion of how the real world works.

AtW has an issue with the concept, but as he is a complete social misfit his views on this, and indeed on most issues, can be ignored.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X