• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should be interesting to see how this plays out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be interesting to see how this plays out

Annie Teriba accused of 'rape' by Oxford University students in blog post | Daily Mail Online

Now two students accuse Left-wing Oxford gay rights campaigner of 'rape' in anonymous blog post claiming to have been written by her 'victims'
    Annie Teriba, 20, resigned as Oxford LGBT women's representative
    She tried to downplay the assaults, according to nameless accusers
    Miss Teriba confessed to sexual liaison with woman at NUS event
    Victim subsequently complained this had not been consensual
    Do you reckon there is a space in the Ecuadorian embassy?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oxford student activist resigns from posts over non-consensual sex | Education | The Guardian

She admits to non-consensual sex so should be prosecuted.

“At this year’s NUS black students’ conference, I had sex with someone. The other party later informed me that the sex was not consensual. I failed to properly establish consent before every act. I apologise sincerely and profoundly for my actions.

“I should have taken sufficient steps to ensure that everything I did was consensual. I should have been more attentive to the person’s body language. In failing to clarify that the person consented to our entire encounter, I have caused serious irreparable harm.”

If that's not an admission of rape, then I don't know what is.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I would have though that (her words) to be sarcasm - if I didn't know how ****ed up the University culture is these days.

Comment

Can't be rape unless she is a transsexual she doesn't have the equipment. Its sexual assault.

Definitions - Metropolitan Police Service

Comment

blah

“At this year’s NUS black students’ conference, I had sex with someone. The other party later informed me that the sex was not consensual. I failed to properly establish consent before every act. I apologise sincerely and profoundly for my actions.

blah
          Wtf does that actually mean?

How can you later inform someone it was not consensual - would it not have been better (maybe when she was sticking her fist up your ar$e maybe) to possible say that maybe you are not all that up for it.

Sorry but this is almost like watching children telling tales on each other - you sort of going along with it and then when it is convenient you tell teacher... even though at the time you made no complaint

this is fookin bs and needs to be stamped on hard.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Wtf does that actually mean?

How can you later inform someone it was not consensual - would it not have been better (maybe when she was sticking her fist up your ar$e maybe) to possible say that maybe you are not all that up for it.

Sorry but this is almost like watching children telling tales on each other - you sort of going along with it and then when it is convenient you tell teacher... even though at the time you made no complaint

this is fookin bs and needs to be stamped on hard.
            no means no, even if you say it next morning?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              no means no, even if you say it next morning?
              apparently everything means whatever you want it to mean if you suddenly decide to change your mind...

it is just typical of todays youth/hipster generation

"Although I did it at the time I now feel it was a bad idea and it is not fair that I have to accept responsibility for my decisions"

fookin useless cnuts

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                apparently everything means whatever you want it to mean if you suddenly decide to change your mind...

it is just typical of todays youth/hipster generation

"Although I did it at the time I now feel it was a bad idea and it is not fair that I have to accept responsibility for my decisions"

fookin useless cnuts
                I think we need to explain how it looks if you declare it in the morning.

I'm never sure why people don't say anything at the time, if you are physically afraid then it makes sense to keep quiet but that doesn't seem to be the case in many of these situations.

Comment

Oxford's Annie Teriba who sexually assaulted two women 'painting herself as a victim' | Daily Mail Online

Women 'sexually assaulted' by Oxford gay rights champion say she is painting herself as a victim
                  Annie Teriba, 20, confessed she had sexually assaulted two women
                  She said she had 'failed to properly establish consent' before having sex
                  Victims claimed Miss Teriba had been reluctant to use the word ‘rape’ in her statement and they agreed to leave it out
                  hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I think we need to explain how it looks if you declare it in the morning.

I'm never sure why people don't say anything at the time, if you are physically afraid then it makes sense to keep quiet but that doesn't seem to be the case in many of these situations.
                    I think it is mainly because at the time they enjoy it - in the morning they regret it but as they have not been bought up to understand actions have consequences they decide they did not want to do it retrospectively so as to appease the guilt they feel from a repressive upbringing.

e.g. they are still acting like children.

Comment

Working...
                    X