• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets have a march - what shall we march about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets have a march - what shall we march about?

Child abuse? Inequality in society? World hunger?

No! Lets march about the opening of a reservoir!

Tryweryn: March to remember flooded village - BBC News

400 people marched for that! That is equal to the biggest march f4j ever had!

No wonder the government can do what they want if people will only march about reservoir opening.

They should try being like the "save the pound" march in 2002 which got 60000 marchers and almost zero publicity. Or the march against the Iraq war. 2 million marchers. But of course the WMD argument won the day. That finished well...

Perhaps we should march about T&S - we could all travel to London on expenses.

Comment

You don't want mention going on a march here otherwise you'll be labelled a 'leftie liberal'
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

you'll be labelled a 'leftie liberal'
        Righties sometimes go on marches too, the only difference is that when they do it, they get opposed by three or more times as many violent lefties. The term "liberal", which should mean someone tolerant of others views, has been somewhat hijacked.

As this chart shows, left-wing terrorism dwarfs right-wing terrorism in Europe -- perhaps surprising given the attention paid to Europe's far right. Islamist and Separatist terrorism, however, remain the largest categories.
        http://www.businessinsider.com/left-...pe-2010-9?IR=T
        Last edited by xoggoth; 18 October 2015, 19:02.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Righties sometimes go on marches too, the only difference is that when they do it, they get opposed by three or more times as many violent lefties. The term "liberal", which should mean someone tolerant of others views, has been somewhat hijacked.

Left-Wing Terrorism Surges In Europe, As Governments Dismantle Social Safety Net - Business Insider
          Okay, just 'leftie', mind you the 'righies' do have some nice demonstrations: Violent clashes at pro-hunt demonstration | Daily Mail Online

Right wing terrorism also on the rise I see: http://www.rand.org/pubs/notes/N1856.html
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I would have dressed as Jacques Cousteau and stayed underwater until my demands were met.

Comment

Working...
            X