• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

claiming benefits in Britain for their kids abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

claiming benefits in Britain for their kids abroad

Why don't the they plug these loop holes than coming up with new tax legislations to snatch more from tax payer.

Jonathan Isaby and Nick Clegg brand EU-bound benefits 'ABSURD' | UK | News | Daily Express

Workers whose kids are educated abroad are still in receipt of child benefit. What exactly is the problem with that?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Workers whose kids are educated abroad are still in receipt of child benefit. What exactly is the problem with that?
      My aunt claimed benefits (don't know which ones, probably tax credits of 100+ a month ) and came back to Poland . She was receiving them for another 12 months - free cash . I'd say fix your system first, and then hit people that are working hard.

Also Cameron or UKIP want different rules for English and immigrants - in other words , ours can cheat, foreigners can't
      Last edited by diseasex; 19 October 2015, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        My aunt claimed benefits (don't know which ones, probably tax credits of 100+ a month ) and came back to Poland . She was receiving them for another 12 months - free cash . I'd say fix your system first, and then hit people that are working hard.

Also Cameron or UKIP want different rules for English and immigrants - in other words , ours can cheat, foreigners can't
        well yes...........

maybe if foreigners do not like they can stay away then?

but yes the system is actually not too bad - the odd headline grabbing issue gets exposed every now and then but .....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          well yes...........

but yes the system is actually not too bad - the odd headline grabbing issue gets exposed every now and then but .....
          Yep, i guess nobody complains except for politicians looking for an easy enemy forgetting the fact that their country absorbed 2m raised and educated people without any cost. i myself never have claimed anything , both in Poland and here.
          Last edited by diseasex; 19 October 2015, 08:53.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            well yes...........

The handling of claimants is atrocious and the abuse of sanctions are a scandal.

However being the world's benefit service is hardly a good idea.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Romanians and Bulgarians claiming benefits in Britain for their kids abroad TREBLES

Claims from the Eastern Europeans working in the UK but sending benefits home have risen from 154 to 446 in five years.

A total of 687 children living in the former Soviet bloc countries are now being funded by the UK taxpayer more than £12,584 each week or £655,000 a year
              They broke the bank....

Of course there is a small minority that is simply abusing the system as any other form of benefits in the UK. But most of these cases are hard working people paying their fair share of taxes and abiding the law. Why are they being demonized?

What does it matter where the child lives as long the parents are working and paying taxes in the UK and have to pay for the support?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                i myself never have claimed anything , both in Poland and here.

ooohh, you fibber
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  What does it matter where the child lives as long the parents are working and paying taxes in the UK and have to pay for the support?
                  It matters a great deal. If the children are in the UK, then the UK pays for their schooling and healthcare in addition to child allowance. They should change the law so that if you are an immigrant working in the UK, you should only get child allowance if you don't bring your kids with you.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It matters a great deal. If the children are in the UK, then the UK pays for their schooling and healthcare in addition to child allowance. They should change the law so that if you are an immigrant working in the UK, you should only get child allowance if you don't bring your kids with you.
                    Not that easy as this benefits money , if spent in the UK, would go back to economy again in forms of various taxes, vat etc. What is the actual hard math behind it, politicians won't tell you.
                    Last edited by diseasex; 19 October 2015, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X