• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sinister clowns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinister clowns

"And police patrols have been stepped up. It follows two attempted child abductions. Wearing black outfits with white clown masks, the men and women have been spotted in two towns.

Police want to find them urgently amid fears their interest is more sinister than just a Halloween prank. School heads have issued warnings to pupils and parents.

Special assemblies have also been held and children have been told to go straight home after school in the Kent communities of Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Borough Green and not to loiter anywhere.

Shortly before the clown incidents began, attempted child abductions were reported in the area.

On September 28, a boy of 11 was asked to get into a van near Tonbridge and, three days later, a couple tried to lure a schoolgirl into a car.

Since then suspicious-looking people wearing clown masks have been spooking children going to and from school. Police believe the incidents may be linked. Men wearing clown masks have also been seen in a white van acting suspiciously.

Today we publish a photograph, right, of a man wearing dark clothing and a clown mask who was seen acting oddly in Tonbridge, Kent, on Friday night."

Pam Mills, 51, says her 16-year-old daughter, a pupil at Hillview, has been upset by the menacing clowns.

She said: “My daughter has a phobia of clowns and literally goes into a panic attack, so we talked about it and she walks part of the way home with someone else who understands her phobia.”

Source: Suspicious clowns sought by police after terrifying young children | UK | News | Daily Express

I've bought one of these for our Halloween bash:

Hope I get lots of trick or treaters this year...

Comment

Working...
    X