• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesla's 2015 Model S Is Fast, Efficient And Sadly Unreliable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla's 2015 Model S Is Fast, Efficient And Sadly Unreliable

I'm not really a fan of modern sporty cars, least of all electric ones. However after watching the feature on the Tesla S on "Building Cars Live" last night I couldn't fail to be impressed, ranges of 300+ miles, charging time of one hour, 0-60 in 3-point-odd seconds etc. and regular software updates to add things like automatic parking..

However it appears the Model S at least is having some teething problems, as reported by existing owners of the vehicles. The share price has suffered accordingly.

http://www.wptv.com/newsy/teslas-201...dly-unreliable

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/...gh-performance

I'll be watching closely as if they can iron out these problems, I'd be tempted to get one in a few years, not to look like a Guardian reading environmentally aware driver getting a "Green Car" but more of a novelty, a toy. A bit like the early adopters of the Raspberry Pi. According to the website pre-owned ones start at about £50k + which isn't horrendous I don't think. Unless you don't lease the battery?
    Last edited by rl4engc; 21 October 2015, 09:16.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

But it still has the nice touch of an Easter egg...

Hold in the T, enter the password 007 and then see what happens next. (Scroll down to 20,000 leagues depth if you want)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'll wait for AtW's expert comments on this subject

Comment

*spurts coffee all over laptop*

OK so this car, with v7 autopilot software, basically drives itself?! Like them Google test cars with their myriad of sensors on the roof, but this one.. is available to buy now?! What's going on ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CZe5DXeYzw
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

My (none driver) other half was trying to persuade me to buy one only yesterday!
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            My (none driver) other half was trying to persuade me to buy one only yesterday!
            The question is, did you get laid last night?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              The question is, did you get laid last night?

Question is, who on CUK will agree to sleep with you ?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Question is, who on CUK will agree to sleep with you ?
                KUATB

Comment

Working...
                X