• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA - Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA - Doom

Is this the real future for us all??

British Airways to replace IT workers with Indian recruits flown in on temporary visas | Daily Mail Online

TCS cheaper than Accenture, etc.

Not sure how TCS prices compare to contract rates but the quality of TCS bods that I've encountered isn't good.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Dunno where you have been hiding for the last 10 years or so. This is standard in most large clients. Many of the big boys have many hundreds of ICTs. 55? Pffffff that's nothing.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Not sure how TCS prices compare to contract rates but the quality of TCS bods that I've encountered isn't good.
        A couple of years ago at old clientco TCS were 200pd Accenture between 9 & 12, they would get acc. In the door to start a project then ASAP they wheeled in the TCS guys to finish/demolish it

That's when us independents rolled in to clean up.

Comment

The only good thing it is now in the main stream press.

The press needs to now print how much HMRC are losing with this deal.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The only good thing it is now in the main stream press.

The press needs to now print how much HMRC are losing with this deal.
            More than through a badly thought out IR35 I'd guess.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

All I do is boot round TCS folk. They are very good!

Comment

Should be some good contracts coming up at BA in a few years then to clean up the mess. In the meanwhile I better sell my shares in IAG........

Comment

Even here at clientco half the office are bods from Infosys and Cognizant it's not exactly anything new.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Even if you change the rules to stop IT staff coming over on temporary visas, they'll simply work remotely in India.

All our contractors are offshored, they don't need temporary visas, you can easily communicate and video conferencing is just as good as face to face.

Remote offshoring is the latest and greatest trend.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X