• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do my job for me because I'm too lazy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do my job for me because I'm too lazy

I just got this email:

Hello zazou,

I found your CV on Indeed.
    We are currently recruiting for a number of roles and I can see from your CV that you have relevant skills that might be suited to one of them - can you give me an idea of what you are looking for?

I've attached a link to a list of our current vacancies, please let me know if any are of interest.

Best Wishes,
    Daria

So if one of the vacancies listed is what you want and you land the gig then happy days.....

Sorry contracting is so difficult.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On the SAP forums I often see someone posting a specification and requesting that someone supply then with the code. E.g.
      https://scn.sap.com/thread/627070
      I need help in classical report | SCN
      https://scn.sap.com/thread/625608
      HI PROVIDE ME TEST DATA | SCN

I thought that's what this thread was about.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So if one of the vacancies listed is what you want and you land the gig then happy days.....

Sorry contracting is so difficult.
        Cos sorting through e-mail opening attachments full of irrelevant jobs is so fun...

Half the time they're amazing permie roles, the rest of the time they're miles away or not matching your skillset at all...

Check out this beaut from a few days ago:

If you are looking/becoming free soon, please email me with the following details:

Start date:
        Day rate:
        Interview availability:
        Ideal environment/technical stack:
        Most recent CV:
        Companies you are in touch/do not wish to work with:

Please also attach your most recent CV and I will respond with the best matched position on my desk for you ASAP!!! Please note: with the service level agreements we have in place with the majority of our clients, we do need reference contact details to progress with your application, to save time please send asap!
        My bolding. Top laughs. I mean come on, they got my details from my CV, if they can't even read it and want me to tell them my skills then what is the point!
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
          Cos sorting through e-mail opening attachments full of irrelevant jobs is so fun...
          You are a contractor... It's your job. Not the fun part of it but still part of the job.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are a contractor... It's your job. Not the fun part of it but still part of the job.
            Doesn't mean we can't have a good old moan about it!

Comment

There are three angles to running a small business, as we do.
              Doing the hands on
              running the admin
              getting new work

anyone who whinges about this should really consider what they are doing.

There are Syrian refugees out there who would sell their grandmother for my left nut just for the privilege of having some privileges. so stop the whining
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                There are three angles to running a small business, as we do.
                Doing the hands on
                running the admin
                getting new work

anyone who whinges about this should really consider what they are doing.

There are Syrian refugees out there who would sell their grandmother for my left nut just for the privilege of having some privileges. so stop the whining
                If you feel that strongly about them, perhaps you should donate a portion of your income to them?

Don't give a crap after all?

Resume the moaning!

Comment

Working...
                X