• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3% Tax and the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3% Tax and the Netherlands

So I got my payslip again this month, and for the second month running I paid just 3% PAYE Tax. I contacted payroll when it first happened and they said my tax code had been changed and that's why.

Again this month, 3% tax.

Is it because payroll is based out of the Netherlands and I'm now in the same boat as Uber or Costa Coffee? Or is it because clientco's payroll team are bloody incompetent.

Last year, I got hit for an extra 8k in back taxes due to their incompetence.

Do you reckon I have a case for getting the company I work for to pay any fines?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Last year, I got hit for an extra 8k in back taxes due to their incompetence.

Do you reckon I have a case for getting the company I work for to pay any fines?
    Yes. You should tell HMRC to chase the company you work for.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Yes. You should tell HMRC to chase the company you work for.
      Don't forget to tell them who is reporting them!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mention your 39/40 record. That is sure to ingratiate them to you...
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Given that the top rate of tax in NL is 52%, there may be a bit of a discrepancy.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Mention your 39/40 record. That is sure to ingratiate them to you...
            What's his police interview record?

Comment

Found the issue. Tax office has given me a code of 7750L. Which according to payroll gives me 75k tax free.

Fookin' idiots.

Comment

Found the issue. Tax office has given me a code of 7750L. Which according to payroll gives me 75k tax free.

Fookin' idiots.
                Isn't 7750L your signing on number?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Isn't 7750L your signing on number?
                  It's how much I'd have to pay the CSA each month if I ever split up from the wife!

Comment

Fookin' idiots.
                    And if the payroll is based in NL, you may get hit by cloggy hector if you're not careful. He makes Uk hector seem like a nice guy!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X