PDA

View Full Version : A Bigger Boom

Gumbo Robot
23rd October 2015, 15:53
Contract failed QDOS review for this gig (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/109857-partial-boom.html) and the agent isn't going to budge.

In the meantime I got another offer for £25 pd extra plus it's right in the centre of Bristol.

I did make it clear to the first agent that my accepting the offer was dependent on a successful review so looks like I have my get out clause

Happy days :smile.

SlipTheJab
23rd October 2015, 16:00
Contract failed QDOS review for this gig (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/109857-partial-boom.html) and the agent isn't going to budge.

In the meantime I got another offer for £25 pd extra plus it's right in the centre of Bristol.

I did make it clear to the first agent that my accepting the offer was dependent on a successful review so looks like I have my get out clause

:banana:

SueEllen
23rd October 2015, 16:17
I hope you have the client details to drop them a polite email to tell them why you unfortunately can't work for them. Dropping in a few names of better agencies...

Gumbo Robot
23rd October 2015, 18:32
This'll be the first gig I've ever had where I'm required to wear a suit.

I quite like that in a way. This isn't going to be a place with Google style chillout zones & God forbid I have to do any pair programming at least I'll be bunking up with somebody who is well groomed.

Though, I guess wearing a suit is no guarantee that the owner is wearing clean cacks though :eyes

NickFitz
23rd October 2015, 20:33
:banana: :yay: :banana:

SlipTheJab
24th October 2015, 06:09

Out of interest what did the contract fail on and why is the agent being so stubborn?

Gumbo Robot
24th October 2015, 07:58
Out of interest what did the contract fail on and why is the agent being so stubborn?

1) If any of the Authorised Personnel are unable for any unforeseen reason to work on the Service the Contractor should inform the Client or the Company by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the first day of absence"

2) "The Contractor warrants that the Authorised Personnel is a Director and Shareholder of the Contractor company"

These cast in stone at the insistence of the client's HR department, apparently.

SlipTheJab
24th October 2015, 08:58
1) If any of the Authorised Personnel are unable for any unforeseen reason to work on the Service the Contractor should inform the Client or the Company by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the first day of absence"

2) "The Contractor warrants that the Authorised Personnel is a Director and Shareholder of the Contractor company"

These cast in stone at the insistence of the client's HR department, apparently.

Jeez some clients really don't get it do they, still looks like you ended up with a better offer from the other place so happy days! I'm sure the original client will get a body in who is a disguised permie and won't even bother with a review :eek

SueEllen
24th October 2015, 21:33
Jeez some clients really don't get it do they, still looks like you ended up with a better offer from the other place so happy days! I'm sure the original client will get a body in who is a disguised permie and won't even bother with a review :eek

Yeah right the client demanded it...

I've been told to allow silly clauses like the first one in as long as unenforceable clauses like the second are removed.

I've then recorded the agent stating "I don't care' when following a silly clause like the first one. ;)

FatLazyContractor
25th October 2015, 15:09
:yay::yay::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

psychocandy
26th October 2015, 08:57

Why no 1? Or is it just the fact that they;re mentioning authorised personnel?

Gumbo Robot
26th October 2015, 09:05
Why no 1? Or is it just the fact that they;re mentioning authorised personnel?

D&C

psychocandy
26th October 2015, 09:18
D&C

hmmm. Sure I've had that clause in before and QDOS have OKed it.....

SlipTheJab
26th October 2015, 09:19
Yeah right the client demanded it...

True, who knows where the terms have come from, the agent may well be (shock horror) telling porkies.

SueEllen
26th October 2015, 09:22
hmmm. Sure I've had that clause in before and QDOS have OKed it.....

A clause like that are acceptable if the contract isn't full of other dodgy clauses.

SlipTheJab
26th October 2015, 11:06
A clause like that are acceptable if the contract isn't full of other dodgy clauses.

+1 If it also includes an additional clause requiring you to 'put your hand up if you need to go to the toilet and wait until permission is given' then that is definitely D&C :D