• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cure for back pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure for back pain

Getting the little lad into the bath yesterday evening, felt a big rupture in my lower back, the on call doctor sent me packing with some Codeine, tried to sleep, took me an hour to get out of bed, back stiff as fu**, couldnt stand up, called ambulance, doctor in A+E stood and asked me what did I want them to do. He eventually shoved some diclofenac tablets at me and a prescription for Diazepam. He seems to think I'm a tad depressed.
    Any of you fellow desk slaves got a better cure???
    I'm in agony
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Yes, try and move as much as possible. Do not succumb to the temptation to lie down.

TBH, I'm not surprised the A&E doctor was short with you. Ambulances and A&E departments are for As and Es, not people with back pain, no matter how painful it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
      Getting the little lad into the bath yesterday evening, felt a big rupture in my lower back, the on call doctor sent me packing with some Codeine, tried to sleep, took me an hour to get out of bed, back stiff as fu**, couldnt stand up, called ambulance, doctor in A+E stood and asked me what did I want them to do. He eventually shoved some diclofenac tablets at me and a prescription for Diazepam. He seems to think I'm a tad depressed.
      Any of you fellow desk slaves got a better cure???
      I'm in agony
      As a suffer of a bad back I recommend the following:

1. Whisky. Lots of it.
      2. Lie down on your back and put your feet on a sofa and relax - the spasms on continual moving will keep locking the back muscles. Ice on the bit of the back that hurts.
      3. Get some physio and learn to strengthen your abdominal muscles.
      4. Get one of these chairs: Posturite Chairs
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Yes, try and move as much as possible. Do not succumb to the temptation to lie down.

TBH, I'm not surprised the A&E doctor was short with you. Ambulances and A&E departments are for As and Es, not people with back pain, no matter how painful it is.

I waited an hour before deciding to call them, I could not get upstairs where my toilet is located. The pain has me crippled over........couldnt drive.....what does one do

Comment

back brace

anyone tried a back support/brace like this??

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Good advice.

Especially 3.

But I'd wait until the spasms have passed first...

home call physio is coming this evening.....too soon?

Comment

I've heard that accupuncture is the most effective treatment for back pain.

I know its entirely different but I used accupuncture for my hayfeaver a couple of years ago and have never suffered from it since.

If it's a one off back pain it probably isn't worth it, just take some pain killers and try to rest it out.

Comment

home call physio is coming this evening.....too soon?
                They may help reduce the spasming by a gentle massage. I think it'll take away the pain because you'll be focusing on not getting a stiffie...

Also, they may give you one of these elctro-shocker things that "taze" you every second which again, helps to reduce the spasms.

Great to stick on your todger if you're brave enough.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  They may help reduce the spasming by a gentle massage. I think it'll take away the pain because you'll be focusing on not getting a stiffie...

Oi hyper laughing makes my pain a hundred times worse, also makes the sleeping stiffie dribble.......

Comment

Oi hyper laughing makes my pain a hundred times worse, also makes the sleeping stiffie dribble.......
                    #
                    Hank...did my back a few years ago and pain was unbearable. Like you, I also couldn't get up (laid out ion floor with legs raised as per earlier suggestion). Needed a p1ss, but couldn't get up. Instead of helping, the missus tickled me. Result...I p1ssed myself. I got the last laugh though...the missus had to clear it up...made worse by the fact I also shat myself!!!!

It was about a week before I could walk properly again. As per earlier advice, strenghten the abs and loose the gut. I still get the odd spasm, but fingers crossed I don't go through that again.
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X