PDA

View Full Version : Contractor marketing

LHM
26th October 2015, 13:41
Afternoon all
Someone mentioned a marketing company that could help you self market and spruce up your linked in profile for £375.00 +VAT but I can't find the discussion. Anyone remember it?
TIA

northernladuk
26th October 2015, 13:44
For that amount of money for that service I would have forgotten about it the second I'd have finished reading the post. HTH.

MrMarkyMark
26th October 2015, 13:48
Afternoon all
Someone mentioned a marketing company that could help you self market and spruce up your linked in profile for £375.00 +VAT but I can't find the discussion. Anyone remember it?
TIA

Whatever next :suicide:

Forgot to say if you send me a cheque for £275 +VAT, I would be more than happy to take a look :tongue

stek
26th October 2015, 14:09
Afternoon all
TIA

Yes it's:

Stek Scams
Trap 3
Behind the Water Pipes
Leeds Main Concourse Toilets
Leeds

Leave the money there, but remember, you ain't seen me.

Got a bridge for sale too.....

NickFitz
26th October 2015, 14:20
Afternoon all
TIA

I think it was suityou01 - you could try PMing him?

darmstadt
26th October 2015, 14:32

Should ask him how its panning out as well :wink

LHM
26th October 2015, 16:44
Whatever next :suicide:

Forgot to say if you send me a cheque for £275 +VAT, I would be more than happy to take a look :tongue

:rolleyes:

LHM
26th October 2015, 16:44

Thanks..

northernladuk
26th October 2015, 17:13
Got a bridge for sale too.....

Ohh.. I've a couple of footbridges over the waterways on the NLUK estate but never had a proper bridge. I'm in!

saptastic
26th October 2015, 18:13
Afternoon all
TIA

Building a LinkedIn profile for contractors :: Contractor UK (http://www.contractoruk.com/cv/building_linkedin_profile_contractors.html)

Some info on here - worth contacting them, but am sure you can get change out of £375

NibblyPig
26th October 2015, 23:57
If you provide references up front to the recruiters it will help more than polishing your CV and you'll get the priority roles

HTH

LHM
27th October 2015, 05:49
If you provide references up front to the recruiters it will help more than polishing your CV and you'll get the priority roles

HTH

Shut up :tongue

mudskipper
27th October 2015, 06:39
Building a LinkedIn profile for contractors :: Contractor UK (http://www.contractoruk.com/cv/building_linkedin_profile_contractors.html)

Some info on here - worth contacting them, but am sure you can get change out of £375

Yes, the company is CV and interview advisers.

I've attended one of their webinars and it was very good, if a tad salesy.

Those who have parted with the dosh (and have reported back) have been happy with the results.

Not sure when the next CUK webinar is (admin?), but there's an IPSE one tomorrow (28th). I imagine the content is the same, and I don't believe you have to be an IPSE member to join it, but ICBW.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/events/wed-10282015-1900/advanced-cv-writing-and-linkedin-newer-entrants-contract-market

Probably worth listening in (whether or not you're a newer entrant) and you can decide if you think it's worth parting with the money - and you'll probably get a discount code if you do.

LHM
27th October 2015, 07:30
Yes, the company is CV and interview advisers.

I've attended one of their webinars and it was very good, if a tad salesy.

Those who have parted with the dosh (and have reported back) have been happy with the results.

Not sure when the next CUK webinar is (admin?), but there's an IPSE one tomorrow (28th). I imagine the content is the same, and I don't believe you have to be an IPSE member to join it, but ICBW.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/events/wed-10282015-1900/advanced-cv-writing-and-linkedin-newer-entrants-contract-market

Probably worth listening in (whether or not you're a newer entrant) and you can decide if you think it's worth parting with the money - and you'll probably get a discount code if you do.

Brill thanks, and I'll check out the IPSE one too.

MrMarkyMark
27th October 2015, 08:37

Would they admit otherwise :eyes.

psychocandy
27th October 2015, 09:55
375 notes. Sod that.

MrMarkyMark
27th October 2015, 10:07
375 notes. Sod that.

They probably have a surcharge, in any case, if you wish them to work miracles :laugh.

MarillionFan
27th October 2015, 10:19
375 notes. Sod that.

What! Two hours money to rich for you?:laugh

northernladuk
27th October 2015, 10:30
What! Five weeks JSA too rich for you?:laugh

FTFY

mudskipper
29th October 2015, 13:53
Here ya go.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/business-contracts/109973-webinar-advanced-cv-frameworks-linkedin.html

HPsauce
30th October 2015, 10:41
Afternoon all
TIA

I'd highly recommend giving a DIY go at this. Only you know the skills you're great at and will need to represent those in your words. I watched the video on YouTube and was very insightful on both CV and LIn setup.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJsHilzXxg

What additional things did you have in mind when referring to self market?

HTH,
HPSauce

LHM
2nd November 2015, 16:12
I'd highly recommend giving a DIY go at this. Only you know the skills you're great at and will need to represent those in your words. I watched the video on YouTube and was very insightful on both CV and LIn setup.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJsHilzXxg

What additional things did you have in mind when referring to self market?

HTH,
HPSauce

My Linked in profile lists all of my jobs and positions, etc etc, in a pretty standard format. Over the last 8 or so years I've become niche in one area, but I'd like to also market myself in some of the other expertise I'd gained to get me to this point, such as leading tech/development teams, management of small projects, driving initiatives, etc etc. Just need a hand up putting it all together into more of a 'portfolio' rather than a 'CV'. Know what I mean?