• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beardie Weirdies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beardie Weirdies

Not wishing to go down the road of contractor stereotypes but I just had to mention this Beards are 'unhygienic' and worn by 'cheats and thieves' shock survey claims - Mirror Online

I will add that very few agents wear beards (except the female ones obviously)

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Never understood the fascination, must be an age thing.

When I was grown up beards were favoured by old music, arts teachers, or padeophiles, to catch food in.
      Women of my generation hated them at the time, in recent years that seems to have changed.

I will add that very few agents wear beards (except the female ones obviously)
      Is that the best thing you can say about agents .
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Never understood the fascination, must be an age thing.

When I was grown up beards were favoured by old music, arts teachers, or padeophiles, to catch food in.
        Women of my generation hated them at the time, in recent years that seems to have changed.

Is that the best thing you can say about agents .
        Singling out Irish kiddy fiddlers is a bit harsh pal.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Everyone knows that agents are clean shaven, all over, and covered in some kind of snake oil so that they can slip out of any loophole
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Everyone knows that agents are clean shaven, all over, and covered in some kind of snake oil so that they can slip out of any loophole
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well..

I keep toying with the idea, and with WFH I got to a week of not shaving and have kept going - now on day 11. It still looks more scruffy stubble than beard, but yesterday I shaved round my neck so I guess that means I can call it a beard. Itches a lot though. Not sure how long I'm going to keep this going.

Perhaps a beard helps offset the receding hairline. That's my theory.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Perhaps a beard helps offset the receding hairline. That's my theory.

And you are certainly not alone .
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 27 October 2015, 11:44.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Well..

I keep toying with the idea, and with WFH I got to a week of not shaving and have kept going - now on day 11. It still looks more scruffy stubble than beard, but yesterday I shaved round my neck so I guess that means I can call it a beard. Itches a lot though. Not sure how long I'm going to keep this going.
                  Tried that two weeks ago. Got rid as it started annoying me once it got past the standard stubble phase.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Is not a beard without a single hair still a beard grasshopper ? and, therefore is not a single hair also a beard ?
                    when you can take the crouton from my beard, then you are free to leave.

sorry, been watching Kung Fu again
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X