• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

APN and paying from your limited account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APN and paying from your limited account

Sorry if this has been answered else where but I cant find the solution.

I have an offer to repay an APN for 08/09 with Zansar and I wonder how I pay now I am limited??

If I pay myself more wages/Dividends for this tax year then I will potentially put myself in the higher tax bracket thus being screwed again on tax.

Is there any sort of relief or means of accounting for this out of my limited?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

No. It's a personal liability and nothing to do with your co.

Depending on the amounbt of the APN you could give yourself a directors loan, but that still has to be paid back or you end up paying tax on that anyway. You could loan the money and pay interest on it at the HMRC approved rate, but that will still cost you more, although not as much as the tax on extra dividends or an unpaid loan.

Talking to your accountant is probably a good idea.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post

I have an offer to repay an APN for 08/09 with Zansar
      Wow, you make it sound like it's a good thing Fair plays to your optimism
      Last edited by regron; 28 October 2015, 10:30.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

An offer...
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

NEVER mistake your company's money as your own.

The APN is personal and has to be met by you.

If your company paid it, then they have met your liability and that is a taxable benefit.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
          X